1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLV-Z1 soft picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Edt, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi.. recently got a Sanyo PLV-Z1 with low hours in it. I'm feeding it prog scan component from a Camb Audio 540 Azur DVD player. Previously the 540 was feeding a Benq 6100 which was OK (using the 6100's VGA port).
    Firstly tried s-video with the Sanyo.. looked pretty damned good... colours OK ish and quite sharp. Good size & brightness.

Next ordered a quality component cable (75 ohm shielded etc).

Meantime I found some decent audio cabling to use pro tem until delivery of new cable. Colours great but little ghosting, and soft, way soft. Never mind.

Cable arrived.. ghosting pretty much gone but still very very soft.

Dont think it's the Sanyo as if I plus the old benq cable in (VGA into the Sanyo) although get green only, it's pin sharp.. perfect. Could this be CA problem? It was fine with the 6100 though. dunno....

Any thoughts guys?

There's some more test info but enough from me for now...

thanks all ;)

Ed

2. canlabmaster

canlabmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For what it's worth I have a Z1 fed by a Panasonic player via component cables and I find the image to be perfectly sharp. Interestingly I do get ghosting when I output NTSC progressive from the Panasonic player (it doesn't do PAL progressive), but not with interlaced output. This I find strange. I suppose I really should experiment with shorter cables to see if the length of these is the cause of the ghosting, but I never seem to get the time.

3. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hmm i'll try interlaced & see if any different, out of interest

Ed

4. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    most intersting.. I suppose... same. Interlaced, although dropping in overall wonderfullness, is BETTER in terms of edge consistency; ghosting or whatever I suppose it is. Prog scan just looks like teh whole things bit out of focus, which it isnt !

ED