PLV Z1, PTAE300 or Sony HS10 ?

ShortNick

Established Member
Reaction score
Not an HC newbie but will soon be buying first PJ. Having read virtually every thread on this forum , I've narrowed my choice down to the 3 above. But all have + & - points :confused: Currently favour Sony or Sanyo but is Sony's higher res worth extra cost? Room is 8' by 15' (converted garage) viewing distance 11' and 14 ', screen 7' width max, therefore Screen Door a problem for front row. Is it worth shelling out the extra dosh on something like a Sim2 200 so Screen Door isn't a problem or can you guys live with it? Would appreciate advise as this is probably my only chance to get it right or SWMBO will go back to small TV in a cupboard (God, I sound hen-pecked!!)

If you were to wait then there is a whole batch of new pjs coming out in the next few months. If however you want to be an early adoptor then pricejapan have the AE500 on preorder for $1800usd, i.e the same price as the AE300 but it has better resolution and increased contrast ratio. The HS10 does get great reviews on this site, mainly thanks to Kramer ;) . Also see the HT1000 which Kramer has also reviewed and which i was going to get, but after reapeated viewing i was getting eye strain :( . With the smooth screen technology of panasonic i dont think screen door will be an issue especially on the AE500 with the increased resolution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom