PLV-Z1 and Syncblaster

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stevelup, Dec 28, 2002.

1. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,097
    Hi

There was a message posted on here a while ago asking whether anyone has had any success using the Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector with a Syncblaster cable.

The post seems to have been deleted for some reason...

Anyway, I can't confirm whether or not the PLV-Z1 does work with the Syncblaster cable. I can - however - confirm that you don't need one at all.

Simply buy a SCART -> 4 x BNC, and a normal PC VGA to 5 x BNC cable.

Connect the two together as follows:-

R->R, G->G, B->B and Composite Video -> Hsync. Leave the Vsync cable disconnected.

It works perfectly. I have since made up a proper cable with about 15 metres of four core mini coax. On one end is a SCART plug, on the other end is a DB-15 VGA plug (totat b1tch to solder...)

Regards,

Steve

2. BarryTra

BarryTra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve I made up a cable following your instructions but there seems to be a black bar at the bottom of the picture, below that there is a frozen part of the image,Have you any ideas.Cheers

3. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,097
    Hi

I have no suggestions I'm afraid. It is working fine here.

You are using this with your Panasonic DVD player?

I have successfully used it with Tivo, Sky Digital and an XBOX. I will check it out with my Toshiba SD-220 DVD player in the morning.

What happens when you toggle between the aspect ratios? Have you tried both region 1 and 2 disks? (I have only tried mine with 50Hz source material so far)

Steve

4. BarryTra

BarryTra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Steve
    I have tried it with 2 aspect ratios only 2 seem to work normal and full,the zoom does not work.It is where the black border is at the bottom. There seems to be a frozen image,but the picture is a lot better.
    I have used a vga lead with a scart on the other end,would it be better with a heavier cable.Thanks for you time.