Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

plv-30 / on-digital

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris Frost, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    fatrich,
    Can you get a picture with only the OnDigital box connected via the iScan to your projector?

If so, then the solution is simply the priority switching on the iScan.

Regards

2. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    can any one advise me, the problem is that when i run my on-digital through my projector via a iscan box i can't get a picture.The dvd player is connected via component to component to the iscan then component to vga from the iscan to the projector.The on-digital is s-video out (via rgb-s-video converter)to s-video in to the iscan.The only time i can get a picture is when i change the cable from the iscan from vga out to vga in on the projector and put it in computer mode and switch the iscan to rgb.Every time i want to watch dvd or on-digital i will have to swap leads which is a bit frustrating.
    Can any one shed a bit of light on the problem

thankyou

fatrich

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    chris
    thanks once again, but to save me waffling on can you tell me how you would bring the system together and what kind of cables to use.

set up:

sanyo plv-30
    pioneer 737 dvd
    nokia on-digital box
    Iscan pro
    pioneer vsa-e07 amp

thankyou for taking the time out to help

fatrich

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    From what I read of your description I think you are wired correctly. There should be no need to change the iScan to projector lead. Your connection should stay as 15pin VGA to 3 phono, iScan set to component out, PLV30 set to component in.

The other area to look at is the projector menu for progressive scan signal rate.

There are several different settings; from 480i through to 1080i and Auto. Try changing to 5XXp when viewing Pal TV sources.

Regards