PLV-30 lamp life

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by StephenR, Sep 29, 2001.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this has been asked before, but as the search facility isn't working I hope you won't mind me asking again. I seem to recall that there is a way to see how many hours the lamp in a PLV-30 has done using a "secret" menu. The question is how do you access this?

I am asking because the lamp replace indicator on my PLV-30 has come on and I don't think it has done anywhere near 2000 hours. Also the picture looks just as bright as it did when it was new.

2. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Stephan,

To check the lamp hours press the "UP/TOP" point button (on the top of the unit) for about 30 seconds.

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. As I though, my PLV-30 has only done 949 hours - so why has the lamp replace indicator come on? Shall I just ignore it? Can't do any harm, surely. I don't really want to send the projector back (and do without it) for something so trivial.

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It does no harm, or so i was told, except to the picture quality. You dont need to send it back to replace it, all you do is buy the bulb and fit it yourself, takes 5 minutes.

ad