Plusnet

BName

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have moved from Bethere to Plusnet hope i have made a good move. Pricewise i think it was £140:86 for a one off upfront payment for the phone then only £9 P/M for BB. Total of £248:86 a year i was paying £417.12 with BeThere

Is the router that they send good ? what would be the advantage to upgrading to another one ? what are they like for gaming ? (Xbox Live) ?

Plusnet is active now download speed seems the same as before but i hope my upload speed and ping improve. I exspect things to be eratic over the next week though so hopefully they will improve.

Last edited:
I have their fibre service, so I wouldn't know what their adsl router is like (when I was with their ADSL service, I had my own modem/router). Not had major problems with it so far. The odd disconnect (but very easily sorted out with Plusnet assist).
When I was with their old legacy adsl extra package, they did cap my upload (might have changed now with their unlimited product). But I raised a ticket with their online help and they uncapped it.

It is worth noting that I when I originally set up plusnet ADSL, I had a much old modem (that didn't work with their product). They helped me set up my ADSL modem/router I had bought previously.

Is the router that they send good ? what would be the advantage to upgrading to another one ? what are they like for gaming ? (Xbox Live) ?

Plusnet is active now download speed seems the same as before but i hope my upload speed and ping improve. I exspect things to be eratic over the next week though so hopefully they will improve.

Bitter I know, but most people would have asked those questions before they committed............:confused:

Like now i am getting only about 250 kbs upload speed it was alot more than that on Bethere allmost 1 mb. Is this down to the router etc ?

Like now i am getting only about 250 kbs upload speed it was alot more than that on Bethere allmost 1 mb. Is this down to the router etc ?

No, Plusnet will cap the upload. You have to ask to uncap it, there may be charge if you are in a more expensive exchange.

Contended to high heaven. Buy cheap get cheap, quit whinging.

Says the person who is probably on Virgin Fibreoptic paying through the nose for it.

On the contrary, I use UW who resell TT's network. Contention is about 90/1 & heavily traffic shaped, but at this moment I do not need high speed.

Simply stating, I pay £10 a month if that, its cheap & I cannot complain.

I'm getting what I pay for.

Far from it, I think plusnet offer brilliant customer services. I've always had a brilliant connection with them.
Also I wouldn't class that as whinging. The OP was just asking a question about the upload speed. It has nothing to do with being contended, which to be honest Plusnet are very open about.

Horses for courses, everyone has an opinion - like everyone has a ........... Your experience differs from a.n.other, so is the world we live in.

In ref to the OP, my comment was not to him, just in general.

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I am thinking of moving to Plusnet due to cost. I do not play online games, just normal browsing (FB, BBC etc) and the occasional streaming and radio listening. Is Plusnet any good for me?

Thanks

Have you tried Utility Warehouse? If all you are doing is website work, emails etc - there basic talktalk package will suffice, CIRCA £10 a month if that. Try & link gas/elec/landline etc.

Is Interleaving turned off by default on Plusnet ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom