1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus U3-880

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by StephenR, Jan 22, 2001.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone here have any experiences (good or bad) with this projector? I have just read the review in HCC and it almost seems too good to be true for £2600.

Also, do you know whether this projector is available from anywhere other than Creation Station? I would like to see it demonstrated but Surrey is a bit too far to travel (I'm in the North West).

Any information would be much appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen this machine yet, but I would also like to find out how good it is!

The cheapest I can find it is at http://www.av-sales.com/html/buy_plus_u3-880.html
    for £1869+vat and the spec can be found at http://www.plus.uk.com/
    Note, it doesn't mention if it can be ceiling mounted (although HCC's very short review does) and it doesn't give a fan noise reading either.

If you do get to demo it, then please let us know if it IS the answer to our dreams!

Meat

3. TONYBOY

TONYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these for business use a couple of weeks ago. The picture quality is excellent but the fan noise is totally unaceptable for home use. Very surprised that HCC did not mention this. I also looked at the NEC VT440.Picture was extremely good and fan noise was inaudible. Only reason I did not buy was that I needed a light small unit for use on overseas sales trips. I am going back for a longer demo of the NEC for home use.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's disapointing news regarding fan noise! But is it ceiling mountable?

Meat