1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plus u3 880

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chicken, Aug 21, 2001.

1. chicken

chicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me? I am a bit new to this but am thinking of getting a PLUS U3 880 projector (which seems actually to be a Sharp PG in disguise). I need to mount it close to the ceiling - maybe 2.2m high - with a throw long enough to get a picture with about a 2m base. Is there enough keystone correction to allow this? <br />The manufacturer´s spec says it will display 4/3 source data in 16/9 format. But does it show 16/9 source data correctly? <br />All help gratefully received!

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The Plus U3 880 isn't designed for ceiling mounting. It is only intended for table top use.

Check out the specs at <a href="http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector_details.cfm?part_id=883" target="_blank">http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector_details.cfm?part_id=883</a>

follow the links to the Plus website and check the spec, it says table top front and rear. No mention of ceiling.

Ceiling mounting almost all projectors requires that you flip it on its back. Then there is a menu selection to correct the upsidedown image. The Plus doesn't have this feature (or a long throw lens either!).

You would be better off with a Sanyo PLV30, they're about £2k and offers a better picture plus compatibility with progressive scan DVD players for a bit of future proofing.

Regards

3. chicken

chicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks, that helps a lot. I´ll check out the Sanyo. Actually it´s the HCC review that says of the U3 "Useful tools include keystone correction, a 16:9 mode, a sharpness filter and the usual facility to set the projector up in ceiling or rear-projection configurations, as well as the normal desktop setting"! It`s a confusing world.