1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus Piano Info anyone?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnny, Aug 28, 2001.

1. johnny

johnny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been reading bits of info on this for the last few months but does anyone know when its likely to be available in the UK? and more importantly what the price is going to be?

It looks interesting even thought the AVS forum members are bemoaning the fact that it cant do HDTV (a non-issue for us in the UK) or progressive scan (although it has the same hardware as iscan pro??)

2. kotlewm

kotlewm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    After seeing the Sim2 HT200DM at "The Event" I am very interested to see if the Plus Piano will turn out to be a cut-price HT200DM.

I have e-mailed the UK distributor (The Rapesco Group PLC) asking about price/availability in the UK. As soon as I hear anything I'll post the result in this thread.

As you've been following the news over in AVS I assume that you have seen the thread from the German chap who says writes that the price there will be 3,500 Euros (about 2,200 GBP )

See: <a href="http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008363.html" target="_blank">http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008363.html</a> for details. This thread also contains a link to a review from Japan with screenshots that look very promising.

Martin.

3. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I emailed PLUS Corp about this last week and they put me in touch with a UK distributer (sorry can't remember their name) who said that they were anticipating availability at the end of September for "under £3000".

They said they'd let me know when they get more info.

Sam