1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plus piano ho ho ho

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by meva, Jan 12, 2003.

1. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just noticed on www.av-sales.com that they have prices for the Pianos.:eek: what a joke £2750 for the 3200 !!??? £500 more gets you an NEC HT1000 or you could buy 2 Sanyo PLV-Z1's. I wonder if they will sell any?
    If the 3100 had come out 15 months ago ( i.e like everywhere else in the world ) at £2500 or less they would have sold quite a few I would think.
    As we know projector technology moves pretty fast and I think Rapesco have missed the boat !!

2. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    Not only that the Plus Piano 3100 I saw was marred by bad artefacting, and frankly was poorer than the Sanyo Z1.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    and the company that 'represents' Piano over here never keeps to it's promises. Pity anyone want an upgrade / repair.:(

4. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is all very true, but the fact is that the 3200 has arrived here only a couple of months after the states, so its still relatively new. On AVS and at projectorcentral, its still considered a contender among the new Pannys, Sonys and NECs.

As for the price, and as I pointed out earlier, you can get the 3200 from Plus Europe for £2300 delivered.

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    shaft potential customers and they walk, nay run to the competition and if your import goes wrong, whose going to help?

Buyer beware no matter how good the product 'could' be. Piano is vapourware as far as I am concerned. This time last year I had the money in the account waiting for delivery from Rapesco ......

It takes a long time to repair damaged relationships:(