Plumber help required please, identify the part needed

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a new shower thermostatic mixer and did not realize this nipple is an outlet. How can I plug this? I only want to use the screw type which is connected.

Attachments

• 2014-05-19 16.23.01.jpg
    2014-05-19 16.23.01.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 2014-05-19 16.23.15.jpg
    2014-05-19 16.23.15.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 222
Now now!

Looks like a fitting you use on a hose pipe. Male end of a hose trigger

Looks like you have fitted it upside down and that output is supposed to go to a rain head

Just realised that when I took the pic! What is the fitting for the rain part called ( connection plate )

It's usually specific to manufacturer for the supplied rain head and not normally a universal fitting did you not get all the parts with it ?

Thought I did but the riser was not included. Buyer won't answer

How much did you pay? I would only ever fit Mira or aqualisa personally

Around £60 can't remember what I've done with the riser.

images

If it is 1/2 inch thread then you can use this type of cap but in chrome. It does look like the shower rail connection which will be manufacturer dependent.

Carl.

The shower valve has a diverter which switches between handset and fixed head (bottom nipple)

If you don't want it to come out of the bottom then don't turn the diverter valve to the position that will send water to that outlet.

The valve also needs turning round.

These bar style valves are an excellent idea but the cranked connectors that come with the valves should only be positioned in one place- The dustbin.

With all due respect, the tiling leaves a lot to be desired, so may be worth sorting first. From someone who has had plastic sheeting up for over a year because they are not ready to make a commitment to tiling :D

You not done that tiling yet Max?

Where are you?

Rather harsh guys :thumbsdow

Can you stick to helping him out rather than taking the pee...

You not done that tiling yet Max?

Where are you?

No. I keep going round in circles - looking for all the tools I need (including a 600mm tile cutter) to buy or hire (more pressure if hiring), and then thinking I should just pay someone (had a friend who is a tiler lined up twice, but two weeks dragged on and then I didn't have the cash).

Plus, I have the nagging doubt that will will do something wrong and it will bug me for all eternity. Just things like corner overlap keep me awake at night.

I'm in North London.

Sorry op, can't offer any practical help.

No. I keep going round in circles - looking for all the tools I need (including a 600mm tile cutter) to buy or hire (more pressure if hiring), and then thinking I should just pay someone (had a friend who is a tiler lined up twice, but two weeks dragged on and then I didn't have the cash).

Plus, I have the nagging doubt that will will do something wrong and it will bug me for all eternity. Just things like corner overlap keep me awake at night.

I'm in North London.

Sorry op, can't offer any practical help.

I know what you're saying. The firm I used to work for used various Tilers over the years. Most of the work was deemed acceptable by the customers but I never rated a single job that I saw. When I first went self employed 12 years ago, I did my own tiling and still do. Total control is the only way I operate.

I know what you're saying. The firm I used to work for used various Tilers over the years. Most of the work was deemed acceptable by the customers but I never rated a single job that I saw. When I first went self employed 12 years ago, I did my own tiling and still do. Total control is the only way I operate.

Ironically, I have a pretty small bathroom (under 2m each way) and a sunken bath, wallmounted toilet and basin, recessed illuminated mirrored cabinet, two cubby holes, a fan outlet, a false wall and all the cutouts for all of that. It is a nightmare! My pro tiler thought three days!

I've done it wrong before, so know a whole lot more, but getting the first tile on the wall has so far eluded me :D

For a pro no, relate that to amateur levels though and generally 1 day = 1 week lol

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I don't think it will help.

As mentioned, it's manufacturer specific. It'll be a chrome tube that slides over the nipple, O Rings to make the seal against the inside of the pipe.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom