1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plugging the azur... Where should I put the phase?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by cribeiro, Dec 21, 2004.

1. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Hi!

My dealer has explained me how to plug the mains cable respecting the phase and neutral cables of the mains socket, but now I do not want to annoy him again, and I have forgotten if he told me the rule in the cable or in the rear panel of the unit.
    I wonder if anyone knows... Maybe TonsofFun?
    He (dealer) told me that I should get some improvement in the sound if I respect this rule. I do not know if I am using the right terminology in english, but the basic point is that one of the cables in the mains socket has the signal (phase), and the other does not (neutral). If these are not the appropriate terms, please correct me (I need to learn!).

His explanation was the following (I hope I "draw" it right...), and I think it was for the socket of the mains in the rear panel of the unit:

Is this right, or just the opposite? I do not remember if this drawing was referring to the rear panel, or to the cable... Of course, it makes a difference... I think this is for the rear panel, but I would like you to confirm it. And, of course, corrections of the jergon are welcome.

I hope you can help, thank you very much.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I am not quite sure what your question is but most equipment would not need the plugs to be rewired. If in doubt, go back to the dealer.

3. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand the question,as he is refering to the Schulko plug used in europe,and wants to know which way round the plug fits,either at the socket end,or at the equipment end,personally I don't get so paranoid over it,why not just try to see what you 'think' sounds better,if so worried ask the dealer,that's why he is there and is paid to do.

4. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Thank you for the answers... Well, the point is I asked him already, and it is kind of embarrassing to go again and accept I am a nerd :blush:
    Anyway, you are right with checking both possibilities.
    Happy New Year!

5. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We are all nerds...or we wouldn't be here..LOL