Plugged PC into my PX70, refuses to use full screen

WhyAyeMan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, I've just gone out and bought a computer to plug into my PX70 and I'm now starting to wish I had not bothered.

Its an HP Pavillion Slimline media PC with an ATI 3450 graphics card, I'm using a DVI to HDMI adapter and into the HDMI socket of my TV.

It doesnt seem to matter what mode I choose, its locked in 4:3 aspect and I have grey borders all around the outside. I cannot force the TV to change its aspect ratio as it appears to be an inaccesible function.

I cannot find anything that will let me edit the screen size or change the display type to 16:9.

Please help :(

Hi there.
Have you tried to set the PC resolution to the screen ? sounds like it could be that.
Boot the PC, when you get the desktop up, right click in the centre of it to bring up a command prompt, select "properties" and the display properties dialog box opens. Select "settings" and have a look what the resolution settings are set to (about half way down on the left) and if they are not set to a widescreen res (Mines 1360 by 768) then slide the pointer across to the right and click "apply" then "OK" to close it. You may need to re boot to finalise the new resolution and that should be that.
Hope this helps,

Graham.

Tried all that, given up.

Now just using D-SUB VGA connection, with res set to 1280x768 and using the driver to adjust the image size/position. That has worked a treat, and the picture is still excellent. On the basis of that I would suggest that anyone looking to plug a DVI equipped PC into the HDMI socket of a PX70 doesnt bother and just uses the analogue instead.

You should be able to send 1280x720 from the PC through DVI/HDMI, or 1920x1080 but both will be scaled

Using VGA, 1024x768 should work but you'll get a stretched desktop (media players can cope with it so video should look correct as you can tell them to adjust for 16:9) but sending 1280x768 is a reasonable way to go about it (1366x768 would give the proper AR, don't know if the PX70 will accept that over VGA)

You should be able to send 1280x720 from the PC through DVI/HDMI, or 1920x1080 but both will be scaled

Using VGA, 1024x768 should work but you'll get a stretched desktop (media players can cope with it so video should look correct as you can tell them to adjust for 16:9) but sending 1280x768 is a reasonable way to go about it (1366x768 would give the proper AR, don't know if the PX70 will accept that over VGA)

That option (1366x768) is not available over VGA, and neither is 1280x720.

That was what I had planned doing, sending 1280x720 or 1920x1080 over HDMI, but any mode only seems to display 4:3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom