Plug to terminate RG6 4.6mm Cable into TV's Antenna Cable In

MikeMorris

Novice Member
I'm trying to terminate RG6 4.6mm cable into Antenna Cable In socket in my TV. I can't find appropriate plug/adaptor. Can anyone point me to the appropriate plug/adaptor. Thanks.

Last edited:
It looks like the cable grip ring (with four spikes) has become mis-shaped. It should be quite easy to bend the spikes back into shape ;)

MikeMorris

Novice Member
Sorry I wasn't clear. This plug is big for RG6 4.6mm cable. I should have put it straight in the question. The question should have been how to terminate RG 4.6mm cable into TV In socket in TV. I need a plug. What is that plug called? Where to find it?

I've updated my question.

The connector is known as a 'Belling-Lee' UHF plug...

exploded_l.jpg

MikeMorris

Novice Member
Thanks for naming it. I do have this plug but it's big. I need this same connector for RG6 4.6mm coaxial cable. Does it exist for 4.6mm cable? If not how to terminate 4.6mm cable into tv?

Yep, you should be able to source a 'Belling-Lee' plug that will suit your cables diameter. Even B&Q sells them in the UK ;)

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I would suggest you use an F-type connector - as these are commonly available and then an adapter to the Belling Lee.

TBH, you could probably quite successfully bodge a Belling Lee onto the cable just by bunching up the shield into the prongs of the fork. The solid core of the cable will terminate quite happily into the centre pin with a small kink to ensure it makes a good contact.

winston2010

I would suggest you use an F-type connector - as these are commonly available and then an adapter to the Belling Lee.

TBH, you could probably quite successfully bodge a Belling Lee onto the cable just by bunching up the shield into the prongs of the fork. The solid core of the cable will terminate quite happily into the centre pin with a small kink to ensure it makes a good contact.
A kink does not ensure good contact long term. Solder it.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
You can get Belling Lee with a small screw to fix the cable in place with.

Just don't unscrew it too far as they are an arse to find when they drop into the shag pile...

Personally.... I've never had any of my 'kinked' connections to fail ;)

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
RG6 cable is normally 6.8 mm diameter. I suspect the cable might be WF65 as that is 4.6 mm and used in $ky shotgun cable installs.

I'd recommend the correct size F-plug and adapter, but a Belling Lee plug usually can be made to fit adequately.

You can also 'crimp' the centre pin onto the cable core with side-cutters or pliers - but it's a bodge.

Kinked cables usually only fail when they are abused. Like the one I had to repair after tugging it when rearranging my av cabinet (the fault only affected the BBC B HD mux though).

They are particularly problematical if supplying power to a masthead amplifier.
Depends on the quality of the Belling-Lee plugs and how well you kink the centre conductor...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom