Pls Help - Router requires restarting to maintain internet connection/ADSL signal

luke77

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am on orange broadband and have a Belkin N1 router with N1 usb receiver.
My PC picks up the router perfectly, however, pretty much everyday I have to go upstairs and unplug and then restart my router as for no apparent reason the ADSL connection light is flashing.

eg. I used my pc and ps3 on wednesday evening. It all works perfectly. I turn off my pc and PS3 and go to bed.
I go to use my PC on thursday morning (having not touched the router) and there is no internet connection. I went upstairs to check on the router and sure enough the ADSL light is flashing. It's a right pain as I can't just switch on the PS3 and have a quick game as I know they'll be a big effort to get everything going!
Can anybody advise me as to what the problem is? Is it Orange's fault?
Luke

I used to use a Belkin ADSL Router and my connection used to drop sometimes and need restarting. It would sometimes drop the connection and restart it automatically all day long. Spent a lot of time restarting it and checking the fone wiring in the house. Called ISP and they said ADSL connection was fine so maybe my router. They didn't support my router and suggested I replace it with theirs that they would support.

In the end I decided to replace my wireless router/network and bought a Solwise HomePlug kit. Now connection is great to internet and performance has improved. Best decision I ever made.:clap::thumbsup:

The new router is a NetGear one. I will never ever buy Belkin again, ever, ever, ever.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom