1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls HELP folks

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dixie, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Dixie

Dixie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have been given,yes given a AKAI Plasma.Model DP-W4200P.Only thing is... ah yes I hear you say, I dont have ANY leads!! None at all. SOOOO you VERY nice people Q is what sort and where do I get they from? My mate who nos nothing says I need a PDP system control lead, what ever one of them is. PLS PLS can anyone help.
    The screen had a life in Australia but was made in Japan then came to the UK with a richer friend than me who only brought the screen. DOH

Many thanks

2. WIRY

WIRY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of that one, what ports dose it have around the back
    if you told us a brief discription of the ports maybe we could help
    hopefully you got some phono type plugs like the ones you use on an amp, or maybe its a VGA type plug like the one use on your graphics card on your PC, let us know:)

later
    wiry

3. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has these

Two scarts * six composite video phono inputs * six S-Video video inputs * one separate analogue RGB phono input * digital input mini centronics port * seven LR line inputs

From this Site

Don't know how old the review is but it says this is a £12,000 screen :eek:

Mike

4. WIRY

WIRY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow it has more than enough connections to connect your gear

well if you have sky didibox or freeview, or proberly Ntl BOX, that will have SCART onit, so all you need todo is order a scart lead from ether http://www.keene.co.uk or http://www.lektropacks.co.uk

they cost around 30 quid for a decentish one that will serve you nicely.

if you have anthor piece of hardware that dose`nt have scart, I will need to know what it dose have (what ports) to help you

if you cant wait to boot the plasma up, I susgest you run as fast as your legs will carry you round to currys/ comet/ hughs etc
    and buy a scart off them

I hope you are blown away buy your new toy, and let me know if your rich mate gives anything else away;)

best regards
    wiry:smoke:

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You'll find that the lovely complement of inputs mentioned above are on the media box, not the screen. Your mate reckons you need a control lead because that is what would join the media box to the plasma screen. You would then connect everything to the media box. Unless the plasma itself has any other ports then i'm afraid it's useless.

This is not the first i've heard of this by the way. I have spoken to several people who have purchased plasmas without the media box (usually cash out of a lorry in which case you deserve it) - in most cases they've been old Pioneer HDEs without tuners....

6. WIRY

WIRY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is the media box that has all them connections, then youn will need to contact the company your friend brought it off and they will send you a replacement lead, many people damage them leads all the time, and get replacement leads sent out, or some people need a longer lead than is given so they can put it up on the wall etc

you may well need to qoute your friends name etc when ordering it proberly to prevent what Liam said stolen goods
    good luck

wiry:smoke:

7. Dixie

Dixie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks all 4 info.
    Mikq or ANYONE where can I get that control box???