1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls help, compleate noob!!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by david31337@aol., Feb 4, 2005.

1. david31337@aol.

david31337@aol.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a Mission 73pi, and it's alot more complicated to setup than I though! It has 2 input's and 2 output's on the back, how on earth do i connect this to the amp?? I have some pics to make this clearer, any help would be much appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The amp has 2 black plugs for a sub, but the sub has 4 inputs just for wires :confused:
    (i removed some wires form the back of the amp to make the pic clearer!!)

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    It looks like a "passive" sub to me ie one with no in-built amp.

The black "phono" sockets you see are for output to an "active" sub ie one with an in-built amp.

You can connect a spare set of speaker outs from your amp to the inputs of your sub and it should be OK. The speaker outputs on the sub are probably for you to optionally plug your main speakers into, but you can leave them plugged straight into the amp if you like.

A passive sub will not give the sort of "oomph" that you would get from an active sub, but it should give you some "bang for your buck" - have fun!

...PJ

3. david31337@aol.

david31337@aol.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you! It seems to work, bit crappy though, only cost £40 though. Would you roccomend an active sub? can i have an active and passive sub all at the same time for extra bounce??

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I've tried a passive sub in the past and I think you've summed it up perfectly! Richer sell active subs below £100 and they will be an improvement on what you are hearing now, but you get what you pay for. Look for the Ruark Vitas or the XLS200 on the BK sponsor link or the Velodyne superbuys that are around at the moment. Wharfedale powercube has also had some good reviews, and the MS209...PJ

5. david31337@aol.

david31337@aol.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok last quesstion. Is that an active sub on the back of my speaker. Also are the speakers any good??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    No its a port so the drivers can move use the external air to reinforce the bass(think thats what is about generally)

What make and model are the speakers? Do you like the sound that they produce? If you do then they are fine for now, just dont go litening to more expensive speakers otherwise 'upgradeitus' will set in.:rolleyes:

I would not recommend spending anything less that £200 for a new sub and nothing by Eltax. Go for the Ruark vita 50 or 100 (better) at the minimum otherwise all your buying is a boom box thet will distort and nto output clean bass.:lesson: :nono: :suicide:
    http://www.bkelec.com/

7. david31337@aol.

david31337@aol.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There eltax and they give a good sound for a tv! So i'll keep them and save up for a wofer :) Thanks all!!