Plex Now Free Xbox One & PS4

blicky_1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just had this through on email, could not find it on here, please delete if duplicated....

Newsletter December 2015
Xbox One and PlayStation apps are now FREE for everyone!
e5fa3e05e397ebb5474455c163850497

61d0575975426f0aff402123caf86344

Xbox One and PlayStation users, have we got a great gift for you! Plex apps for your favorite game consoles—all of them—have graduated from their preview periods and are now free for everyone! Joining Xbox 360, as well as our other big screen apps, these newly free ones give users all the basic functionality at no cost. For those of you with a Plex Pass, our premium features, like Parental Controls, Vevo music videos, and Trailers & Extras, look awesome on the big screen.

And to think I almost bought the yearly plex pass the other day, just cancelled my monthly sub instead :)

Finally got around to trying out Plex on the Xbox One. Impressed so far. Great little app to have to stream movies from my Mac to the Xbox One in the living room.

Worked perfectly. Really impressed and a great app to have. No idea why they didn't charge for it. How are they making money?

What audio formats does Plex support on Xbox One? Would love 24p switching in a future update

Worked perfectly. Really impressed and a great app to have. No idea why they didn't charge for it. How are they making money?

Donations and Plex pass subscriptions, i was more than happy paying the monthly sub TBH, it as fantastic piece of software i use everyday, i think they definitely left money on the table not charging for a standalone app but im not complaining!

Can someone help find me an absolute idiots guide to using Plex for the very first time. I have a modest PC and have no idea where to even start. What software do I need to rip the discs ect.

Thanks in advance

Can someone help find me an absolute idiots guide to using Plex for the very first time. I have a modest PC and have no idea where to even start. What software do I need to rip the discs ect.

Thanks in advance

Bit late but in case you never found these

Quick-Start & Step by Step Guides

I don't rip disc personally so no recommendations on that front but everything you need to setup your plex server is in there.

Starting to get to grips with it all now. Ripping blurays are taking a lifetime but the quality is decent. Not convinced that it's an identical rip but looks good anyway. Shame also it doesn't add chapter points

What software did you use? I need to archive my dvd collection for easy use, never insert a disc and it's killing me

Hi, I have a plex account already set up on my laptop and use the media player app currently to navigate to the plex server and then navigate through lots of sub folders to get to my media. Does this mean I can now use the plex dedicated app and my existing plex set up without paying monthly?

Hi, I have a plex account already set up on my laptop and use the media player app currently to navigate to the plex server and then navigate through lots of sub folders to get to my media. Does this mean I can now use the plex dedicated app and my existing plex set up without paying monthly?
Yup [emoji106]

any quick guides on where in the browser to link the two? i got a code on my xbox, but coudn't see where to put it in to complete the link..

Thanks! Matt.

Is it a link code ?
Just go to the address it tells you, login with your Plex login and enter code and then it will link the 2.

Does ayone have plex running on a synology with DTS working.

Ignore my comment, moved plex to PC and Xbox now happy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom