Plex for Unraid is responsible for my rapid hairloss

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by HugoFJH, Feb 7, 2014.

1. HugoFJH

HugoFJH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    This is driving me literally up the wall.

I am only interested in using plex at home (which should hopefully make the setup easier) and I reckon Ive even done the "hard" bit of getting Unraid (5.0.4) to install Plex and set the temp and library locations. On the Unraid reboot, the GUI appears to show Plex running correctly.

For the life of me I cant get Plexweb to connect to the server (even though Plexweb is effectively running on the server itself)

Unraid has complete access to the web (as proven by Simple Features install that downloaded updates automatically) although this shouldnt make any difference as Im not publishing the server anyway.

Whats just as frustrating is that the Library "add" feature sees the movies perfectly (certainly under each drive share ie disk1\movies, diisk2\movies etc etc), but it wont save the selection. I hope this will resolve itself once the server connects properly.

Ive gone though what feels like hundreds of different Unraid /Plex posts without finding anything that helps.

(I had plex working on this server before a disk failure, and before the failure became evident through Unraid I was getting quirky Plex operation so I "temporarily" stripped it out completely, and yes after numerous reboots to sort the disk issue , plex uitility within Unraid settings was completely gone from the Unraid GUI)

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

2. brixron

brixron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Wiggo's wig Emporium has toupees and rugs for discerning Gentlemen.

Otherwise, maybe windows? and even that ain't foolproof.
    N54L running W7 not sharing files properly :(

3. HugoFJH

HugoFJH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Thankfully I resolved this myself (well I got Plex working internally)

Stripped out Plex and Simple Features. Re-installed Plex from the start and it just started working (although bizarrely I have to add every disk individually into Plex rather than the share, but will look into this a bit more at some point)

Plex website crashed during playback (lost connection to server temporarily through skynow box) hopefully this doesnt happen too often.