pleese help!!!!

liam 999

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi i just want to know if any 1 knows the law on returning lcds ,i got one from my local sony center and it had clouding on it i have been to the store and they will change it but they said if the new one has it to they will not be changeing it again ,so if this happens again what shoud i do all help thankfull :thumbsup:

that is ********! they are breaking the law, when you get your new exchange its like a new purchase, at the very least your 7-days no quibble returns is valid!

Remember, whatever you buy has to be fit for purpose. If there is something wrong with the screen that means it is effectively unwatchable, then it is not fit for purpose and the shop have no choice.

By selling you the tv they have entered in to a contract with you for the supply of goods, and they can't just make sweeping statements like this.

I would be interested to know if the shop agreed with you regarding the clouding, or whether they have even bothered to inspected the TV you returned.

If the second screen is still faulty, then:

Notify the shop, and ask them what they will do about it. But be polite and courteous in your dealings, even if they are being complete ....

I doubt it would go any further - if there really is a fault with something most places are perfectly good at swapping them out, however if they play you about, tell them you are going to speak to:

• Trading Standards (if people don't actually complain about stores, nobody else will ever find out, and nothing can be done about them).
  • Sony UK (do they really want Sony Centres behaving in this way, and what if there is a fault with a batch of panels).
- Now actually make those phone calls, and post back here!

hi guys thx for the replay ,to start with the shop would not except the problem they said they never heard of clouding and there engineer never heard of it either ,at this point i new they where full of ~~~~ but then they agreed ,i phoned sony and they also said it shoud not b clouding ,i also said to them about what they said about not changeing the next one and they said they have to up in till 7days ,after that it will have to b repiared so il let u know how i get on thx again

also dose anyone know how i can test the new set i get to see if it has been used b4 how many hours it has been on b4 incase i get a display one

even if their is no fault you still have 7 days to get a FULL refund, inc del charges. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! XD

even if their is no fault you still have 7 days to get a FULL refund, inc del charges. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! XD

Not if you bought in-shop. The seven day rule is part of the distance selling regulations, and only applies if you bought over the phone, web or mail-order.

The store has no legal obligation to refund you, only provide you with a working fit for purpose product.

The seven days that Sony are likely to be talking about here is the time within which they deem you to have 'accepted' the product. Before you have accepted the product you can reject it, with reasonable cause, and the supplier will have to swap it out. Seven days isn't fixed in stone though - its probably just a Sony guideline.

This whole area is covered by Tort law and there are no hard and fast rules.

oh did not realise you bought it in store. But still if its faulty you have a right to return it.

If worst comes to worst and it has clouding, they wont take it back and you have to keep it, then at least you can get a panel replacement through Sony engineers. Not ideal but at least your not 'stuck' with it.

hi i just want to know if any 1 knows the law on returning lcds ,i got one from my local sony center and it had clouding on it i have been to the store and they will change it but they said if the new one has it to they will not be changeing it again ,so if this happens again what shoud i do all help thankfull :thumbsup:

Some quick facts on your rights,as to a working item,fit for the purpose it was bought for:
http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

hi guys thx for the replays verry helpfull ,got my new set and thank god it looks better, but on my new receat it says ....(replacement for suspected clouding ,customer advised tv will not be replace again for simlar fault)bye the way my tv was 40d3500.

that note on the reciept is just being cheeky! the nerve!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom