1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plee for help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Caimbeul, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    :hiya: Everyone,

I have a JVC LT37DS6. Now, I have the FJ version (floor stand and not the BJ/Tabletop version).

Due to the physical set up of my living room and the fact that my wife has bought a solid teak unit for the TV to go on (and wont have it on anything else) I need to obtain a tabletop stand for it but they cannot be bought seperatley I have been told by JVC and their accesory suppliers.

this leaves me a bit stuck.

1: Does anyone have the tabletop version and want to swap the stand? (I know that all the pics of the Floor stand can (to some) look a bit pants BUT, I can assure you (not just because of my need) that it looks Very nice in the flesh. Rather like a lifestyle stand) has re-enforced glass shelving and allows the screen to be rotated left/right for viewing angle.

or 2: Know anywhere I can get hold of one (dont mind paying for it)

or 3: know how the tabletop stand fits onto the screen. Does it screw into the back of the screen into the "Vesa?" screw holes that would be used for a wall bracket? - the floor stand does and I was wandering that if it did, or some other Screens used such a method for fixing the tabletop base to the screen then maybe i could source a tabletop stand from another manufacturer???

ANY help is greatly appreciated in this as I am desperate to not have a huge empty wooden TV cabinet sitting in the middle of my living room because i cant put the TV on it.
    :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. UKBOY

UKBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Speak to JVC again and explain that due to poor planning and a stubborn Mrs, you are pleading with them to help YOU, THEIR customer out.

Someone will probably see the funny side and hook you up. :)

Good luck.

UKBoy.

3. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks...have already been down that route - closest i got was them saying that there is a stand available, there not sure is it will fit either and because its a special order they cannot refund if it is not good for the job. All for a mere £250!

Can anyone help re: Number 3?? All it would take would be a little look at the back of your screen

4. mister meaner

mister meaner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you not wall mount it just above the teak unit? that might look quite classy, and there are loads of VESA mounts available?

Might keep the missus happy.

5. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thats a cool idea and actually I think it would look very good indeed. Unfortunatley the unit has to sit at an angle as its in a corner and that combined with plasterboard walls makes life more complicated. Thanks for the reply though, its appreciated. :smashin:

6. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problem with mounting to plasterboard walls in general (try a search for that bit), main problem is corner position really.

No chance of persuading SWMBO about mounting it on a flat wall instead (fireplace, or other wall)

Would be better all round and the area behind the lcd if corner mounted, would be freed up for something else to be put :)

Gary