Please tell me this is not a fault!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Shady Deal, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, hope this is the correct forum? Yesterday I got a new Sony 50" LCD TV with digital built in.
    After I set it up and tuned it in I got something like 83 channels. I turned the TV on to-night and Channel 5 was no longer there, in fact I only had 57 channels. I retuned the TV and again I only got 57 channels and no channel 5.
    The aerial is plugged in the correct connection on the tv. It then loops to a Digifusion 200 which is scarted in AV1.
    The fusion still has all 80 odd channels and I can watch channel 5 through this ok??

Is my new telly faulty? How can it loose channels? I have heard the term MUX before so I presumme if channel5 has gone, other channels on the same MUX or MUX's will also be missing?

As the TV digital tuner is picking up some channels is it ok? or can a tuner go faulty and just looose some mux's.

Please tell me my TV is ok :smashin:

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Not sure why you were getting 83 channels. Including the radio channels there are only about 57 channels on Freeview unless you are subscibing to 'Top-up'. Top-up channel titles will show up on some Freeview decoders (external or internal), but you have to subscribe and insert a card to receive them. Missing channel 5 is a mystery though.

3. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    My Panasonic and Sony iDTVs both 'find' 84 'channels'.

That includes all the radio, data and TopUpTV channels.

4. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thats what I thought. It seems to me that all of MuxA is missing.(Mendip Transmitter)

5. saturday

saturday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A similar thing happened to me - something to do with engineering or reduced power on the transmitter apparently.

Try a rescan. Mine all came back the following day.