Please tell me if my Panny AE200 is true HD compatible or not

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to ask a question

I have bought an Xbox 360 (core), and I have a Panasonic AE200 Projector

I would like to know if my projector is HD or not?

I'm not sure as in the manual on the list of compatible signals it says HDTV60 and HDTV50 ( 1920 x 1080i ) using either VGA or YPbPr (component)

It also says that it does all the signals like 480p / 720p / 1080i

Does that mean that my projector is [/I]true HDTV compatible?

I would like to know as I would like to find out weather I should get a HD Component or just a normal one

Thanks

tris

Bad news, Tris: I'm afraid it's not. I believe the Panasonics didn't go hi-res until the 500.

:(

Bugger, Looks likeI'll be saving up for a new one at some point in the next, say, couple of years :(

Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup: (I think, :p )

tris

HI Tris
I'm not so sure that what Louis says is the truth, sorry Louis :oops: as far as I am aware the only deference between a true HD compatible PJ and an HD compatible PJ, is that the true one can except HD coded signal were as the other one cant. I do not know if the 500 is Panasonic first true HD PJ (I could believe it) but this does not mean that your PJ want be able to except HD matter, just not coded material like (I assuming) the 500 can. HD TV's have been around for a quite a time now were as true HD are still relatively new, this is why the likes of sky have already announce that in the short term they will be broadcasting HD material both coded an non coded so as people like yourself can still benefit from HD source with out the need to upgraded. It is the same with the xbox360 which is why the HD signal is transmited in an analog form rather than digitally which is coded.

So in short you can use the HD signal from your xbox360 on your PJ as this signal is not coded and your PJ should support it.

No 'Louis' is right - Pannys didn't go 1280x720 til the 500. The 200 should take the xbox signal though - but it wont be displaying hi def. Hook it up via the VGA input on the 200.

Your quite right Deano (sorry Louis, tris), whilst the 200 will except the HD signal it will scale it down to the native res of 858 x 484, so therefor not giving you an HD signal after all.

Lizard said:
Your quite right Deano (sorry Louis, tris), whilst the 200 will except the HD signal it will scale it down to the native res of 858 x 484, so therefor not giving you an HD signal after all.

Same as my AE100.

You should select 480p on your Xbox 360 as that is the native panel resolution of your PJ. Don't worry though. It should still look lush :)

Deano-B>> So you think the VGA input would be the best option??

Other's think that component should be the way to go

Cyberheater>> 480p? I guess that should make sense, since it is the native resolution of the projector. I use powerstrip to run my pc through it for dvd/games etc with a vga cable and it is quite amazing, much better than running it through my tv

Is there any more help and advice you guys could lend me??

Thanks again

tris

EDIT: So in theory would it be worth me getting a HD component or VGA lead? or just use an RGB scart?

nero0410 said:
EDIT: So in theory would it be worth me getting a HD component or VGA lead? or just use an RGB scart?

Component will give you a progressive scan signal, RGB will be interlaced.
Component is definitely the way to go.

Vga is also progressive and according to quite a few people on the 360 forum the vga lead is better than the component (cant confirm this cos I anit seen one yet. Definately give the rgb scart a miss.

fallwood said:
Vga is also progressive and apparently the vga lead is better than the component on 360. Definately give the rgb scart a miss.

I've found the opposite. On my Hitachi TX100, the component lead gives me a better picture then VGA. Strange that.

Also, the DVD playback is much better on Component because VGA forces a 640x480 display which makes DVD's look terrible.

cyberheater said:
I've found the opposite. On my Hitachi TX100, the component lead gives me a better picture then VGA. Strange that.

Also, the DVD playback is much better on Component because VGA forces a 640x480 display which makes DVD's look terrible.

I'll just have to wait till I get my 360, does it come with a vga or component lead or do you have to buy both.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
cyberheater said:
I can't believe someone is gonna pay 107 quid for a vga cable :eek:

Nor can I :eek:

Since I can't get hold of a component, I have gone for a VGA cable for the time being. Just ordered it from choices direct for £17.99 :D maybe someone should tell the guy who bought it for £107 where to get them at a proper price :)

tris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom