Please suggest simple software to import DVD-R edit output to DVD/.iso ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by jblackmore, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jblackmore

jblackmore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see lots of posts on here asking this, but am struggling to find any answers.

Can someone suggest a simple software packag which does ALL of the following:

- simple import of video clips direct from camcorder DVD-R disk (with sound!)
    - simple editing to split/drag clips, add fades and simple titles
    - reasonably quick rendering without losing quality of video or sound
    - output to DVD either as .iso file or direct to burner

I have tried VS8 (does everything above perfectly except NO SOUND), VS10 (great sound, takes hours to render, and final video quality is appalling), and a few dodgy conversion utilities (DVDx etc) which are difficult to use, take ages, and produce poor quality output.

I assume that there is one software which is easy/cheap and does the simple things above, so please can someone let me into the secret, I can't believe I am asking for too much :)

James.

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Most mainstream software can do what you ask ( including VS 10 which you have tried) Im not sure why the PQ is as you say " appaling"
    There are many " suggest editing software" threads which can give you a shortlist: you can start here
    and add Womble to that shortlist
    I must however say that
    1) cheap is relative and ultra budget will probably dissapoint
    2) easy is also relative as you may get on with one software program more easily than another: All can be learnt and prove easy to use with time
    3) Cheap, easy to use may not always mean stable and well behaved on your PC
    4) DVD footage from camcorder is already mpeg . Not all software will not reencode the Mpeg and the result will not please you. Infact VS10 "smart encodes" but you may need to configure it to do so

Ive had VS10 for a month and while I didnt like its earlier incarnations, I quite like it
    I am reluctant to suggest Pinnacle Studio 10.5 but if unlike some you get it to work on your system without problems it is certainly worth trying.