Please suggest headphones to replace Sony MDR V300

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by olmer, Apr 26, 2007.

1. olmer

olmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Please suggest wired closed headphones to replace Sony MDR V300

Up to £70 and below 150g – (HD 280 are too heavy for me). V300 is only £15, so quality upgrade should be worth extra money. No amp. Cable length/plug/reversability does not matter. General use.

Thanks in advance.

2. mattski73

mattski73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i'm seriously thikning of having a go on another pair of Audio-Technica headphones.

i ordered from audiocubes.com and from amazon.co.uk on the same day. my auidocubes delivery got here first, and auidocubes ar based in Japan, work that one out?

i brought the very small Audio technica ATH-ON3 headphones, and i've been blown away with the performance.

Audio-Technica ATH-A700 Art Headphones are a few pounds over your price range,
    http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Audio+Gear_Headphones_Audiophile,+Hifi/product/Audio-Technica_ATH-A700_Art_Headphones.html

the Audio-Technica ATH-A500 Art Headphones are well within your budget.

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Audio+Gear_Headphones_Audiophile,+Hifi/product/Audio-Technica_ATH-A500_Art_Headphones.html

3. olmer

olmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Heard a load of good feedback for ATH 500 (never tried them), but they are way too heavy. Within this sort of weight i have HD 280 for £60 or even better deal for the same £60 - Beyerdynamic DT 250 (80 ohm version) with a mic thrown in (not that I need it – using external, but it is detachable). They both are too heavy for my use (and apply way too much pressure) – I sometimes spend god five hours in a row gaming so even 130g I have now become uncomfortable. I was thinking along the lines of HD 202/212 but unsure if they can be any improvement over Sony – specifications look even worse, but I like bigger cups. Again unsure of durability as they are also el cheapo and never tried them on – so afraid that the pressure can be too high.

4. olmer

olmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ah, scrap it. Will go for Beyers.

5. mattski73

mattski73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28

good luck my friend

6. olmer

olmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks.

Got them even cheaper from turnkey - mic they offered me was el cheapo separate not native removable as i thought – they had to reduce price to £50 - all it took is a bit of “angry customer” “came all the way here for this offer – parking, congestion...”. Not the best looking set but feels and sounds better than HD280 in my opinion. V300 does not compare – much richer sound I now ashamed for being using it. Easy to disassemble/reassemble and ear cups big enough to cover ears with no pressure actually applied to them. Cable detachable as in pro headphones and coiled with 1 to about 2m length. Best closed headphones i used so far just have to get used to the weight.