1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please suggest a good projector for under 3500 $

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by trivisingh, May 3, 2003.

1. trivisingh

trivisingh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have decided to put togther a home theatre system and will be buying my first projector. ButI am having trouble deciding which projector to buy. I am considering NEC LT240 which seems like a nice buy. The only thing that troubles me is the rainbow effect. Can u guys suggest a projector, whether I should go in for a LCD or DLP and are the so called "rainbow effects" really as bad as they are made out to be.
    will be glad for some help!!
    thanx

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Welcome to the forums trivisingh. You dont say where in the planet your from but your use of "home theatre" and a price in dollars leads me to believe your from the us of a. This forum is predominatly UK based and as such any model we recommend may not be available in the land of Bush.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Trivisingh,

Echo the welcome from Graham;

If you're US based, try checking out avsforum.com - far more US based information there.

Good luck,

Sean G.

4. trivisingh

trivisingh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In reply to your question, I am from India actually but I frequently travel abroad and to many different places so I myself dont know from where I will be buying the projector from. I have just been reading the reviews of the projectors on the net. So you can suggest any projector which you think is good for me and I will see if that is available in the country I go to.

thanx