• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please suggest a good Kids Playroom TV also doubling as adult second TV

fabhead

Standard Member
Hi There

Looking for an LCD for kids playroom that will also double as a second adults one, watching from the kitchen etc. We are in the middle of a house move/technology refresh so it needs to be relatively up-spec as I have grand plans of having everything networked up to a NAS streamer when we move. For now it will be mainly used for the kids to watch DVDs (will need to also buy a DVD or BluRay for them if it is not included) and play wii. They will also need Freeview and ability to record it (must be integrated as don't want to have to buy a freeview box) as we don't currently have Sky.

I was looking at the Tesco Technika 23" HD Ready LCD/DVD with USB Record and built in Freeview today. It is cheap, £180 but I have seen questions about the sound and build quality (which may not necessarily matter for that price).

Any other options out there? Don't want to spend more than £400 or so.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom