please sponsor me to do UK IronMan triathlon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the FLM training going Stu? We've been doing 40+ mile rides for the past 6 weeks and the bike legs are slowly returning. I haven't run many miles though and I've got the Berkhamsted HM this Sunday - which could be interesting :suicide:...

hi mate, was just typing this when you beat me to it !

did the great NW half marathon on Sunday, new PB of 1:45, need to adjust my HR zones as i ran the whole thing in Zones 5 and 6 :eek:

been doing 50-60 a week on the bike, about 20-25 a week running, just picked up the swim a couple weeks ago to about 6k a week. feeling pretty good at the moment ! but the running will start to ramp now, test the joints a little...

only 28 weeks or so to IMUK, got an idea of time you want to get round in ?

have fun the weekend :thumbsup:

hi mate, was just typing this when you beat me to it !

did the great NW half marathon on Sunday, new PB of 1:45, need to adjust my HR zones as i ran the whole thing in Zones 5 and 6 :eek:

been doing 50-60 a week on the bike, about 20-25 a week running, just picked up the swim a couple weeks ago to about 6k a week. feeling pretty good at the moment ! but the running will start to ramp now, test the joints a little...

only 28 weeks or so to IMUK, got an idea of time you want to get round in ?

have fun the weekend :thumbsup:
Great time :thumbsup:. I still haven't even sorted out a programme yet :suicide:, but I guess sub 13 hours - maybe???

Good luck for Sunday Stu :clap:.

cheers mate :thumbsup: should be under 4hrs if no probs, if all goes well about 3:45....number 4009 :smashin:

how's the training going ? all recovered from flu ? think only 21 weeks to go :rolleyes:

stu

cheers mate :thumbsup: should be under 4hrs if no probs, if all goes well about 3:45....number 4009 :smashin:

how's the training going ? all recovered from flu ? think only 21 weeks to go :rolleyes:

stu
Not bad thanks :thumbsup:. I've switched to a 20 week schedule, so I don't officially start until the 21st, but I've been catching up with the base training - 70+ miles a week on the bike and about 15 running. I really need to get back in the pool though - I keep putting it off :suicide:.

I'll look out for you on Sunday - make sure you take it easy up to Cutty Sark!!!

This thread seems to have digressed into a two way chat about training methods and no-one will know what you are doing or why without reading the whole thread again which many will not bother doing.

If you are about to embark on a sponsored anything in aid of charity I would suggest that you recap here so that anyone who wishes to help out, can.

I have sponsored you in the past to varying degrees dependant on which charity you are raising money for but I'm now lost as to what you are doing, who for and even if I have offered to sponsor you at all.

Sorry Ian, just to reassure you that you currently are not sponsoring me to do anything !

we'll move it to pm or email.

i'm doing the marathon on Sunday and we are both doing the IronMan this year, but there is no charity involved this time as i think if i carry on asking the same people for money i am asking for trouble :D

can you close the thread ?

Thanks

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom