Please someone tell me this is a typo

Leelo

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a typo. I did manage to get 15% off when I bought mine. I did insist though that they were to be delivered by a Unicorn being ridden by a fairy who's name is nough. Fairenough.

No ... not a typo.

Here they are in the USA for US$18,500 -

AUDIOQUEST - WEL SIGNATURE SPEAKER CABLES (PR) | Shop Music Direct

In another discussion a while back, the discussion descended into who can find the most expensive speaker cable, I that thread the winner was -

TWO - 8ft Speaker Cables - On Sale - US$25,000

But you have to be crazy or obscenely wealthy to spend that kind of money.

Steve/bluewizard

That's the price per metre so perhaps not the bargain you initially thought it was!

No ... not a typo.

Here they are in the USA for US$18,500 -

AUDIOQUEST - WEL SIGNATURE SPEAKER CABLES (PR) | Shop Music Direct

In another discussion a while back, the discussion descended into who can find the most expensive speaker cable, I that thread the winner was -

TWO - 8ft Speaker Cables - On Sale - US$25,000

But you have to be crazy or obscenely wealthy to spend that kind of money.

Steve/bluewizard
Or a combination of too much money and too much vanity.

Well I connect my speakers using copper water piping. Through that piping flows de-ionised water that is circulated round using a pump to a heat pump. The system has a temperature controller, so depending on the music I am playing, I turn the temperature up for a Warmer sound and down for a Cool clinical sound. Works a treat! Built it myself for 50 quid, but am taking commissions for custom build uniquely tuned for your system from only £25,000.

Simply unbelievable. Sadly , someone is buying these cables and believing the blah blah blah !

Awesome. Ive just ordered the 5mtr versions, I needed 5 of them. Fortunately they do finance so it’s only £20k per month for 12 months. :laugh:

Seriously, this is just madness. It also makes me think less of a retailer that has something like this on their website for sale.

They're a directional cable as well!
I know it's a well discussed topic around how to get the best sound but I don't recall any discussion regarding speaker positioning; will it sound better if I have my amp positioned higher than my speakers so the sound can flow downhill? Surely this will make it easier for the amp to drive the speakers due to the effect of gravity on the sound.

I’ve just bought another pair, as I’ve got these set of expensive ALBA speakers, that I got from some bloke for just £5,000, he said they were a top end brand and that they were worth £15,000 easy. So now with these £48,000 cables, I will finally hear the full range that these ALBA speakers can do.

This cable is worth it. I bought it last year after debating for a long time. I did get 4 metres and was a little bit short, should have got 4.5 so was about 200mm short on both sides, added some Amazon basics cable to finish the job, sublime

I have in the past used solid copper mains cable and it sounded better than the £5 mt stuff that i was using...you never know just what they are putting inside these esoteric super cables with the fancy outsides and terminations ....do you.;)

This reminds me of professional wrestling back in the day. Every sane person knows that results are predetermined but there's always someone calling you a blasphemer for speaking it out :rotfl:

I’ve just bought another pair, as I’ve got these set of expensive ALBA speakers, that I got from some bloke for just £5,000, he said they were a top end brand and that they were worth £15,000 easy. So now with these £48,000 cables, I will finally hear the full range that these ALBA speakers can do.
Never heard of Alba, but then, my knowledge on hi end brands is minimal.

Never heard of Alba, but then, my knowledge on hi end brands is minimal.

The almost very height of audio excellence in the 1960s. You were somebody if you had any Alba kit in your house. Then, then when you really began earning over £8 a week you went out and bought something by Bush. Proper British electrical engineering. Rega can't even begin to lick their boots. The speakers were connected by some old wire that Dad brought home from the Penrhiwceiber Colliery. Heaven.:)

But if you were a billionaire,and you just went to a dealer and ask him to install the highest end stuff,you would really look at any of the prices :D;)

I bet they do. You don’t get to be a billionaire by wasting money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom