Please recommend the most expensive/best 5 Metres Coxial Cable.

Bloodflowerz

Hi all :hiya: ,

I recently purchased the IXOS XHD608 Digital Coaxial cable which is 1 metre long.

However, after reorganizing my bedroom, I now need a 5 metre cable instead. IXOS don't do the 608 in 5 metres, so I was wondering what is the best, most expensive 5 metre cable I can purchase on planet Earth?

Surely, there must be others out there who had the same problem as me...

:thumbsup:

Cheerio!

Brogan

How much do you want to spend?
You can pay several hundred pounds for a 5m coax cable.
Or, if that's not expensive enough for you, I'll supply you with one for a measly £100K.

Alternatively, you could make one yourself using double shielded coax and 2 RCA/Phono connectors. Total cost should be less than £5.

Bloodflowerz

How much do you want to spend?
You can pay several hundred pounds for a 5m coax cable.
Or, if that's not expensive enough for you, I'll supply you with one for a measly £100K.

Alternatively, you could make one yourself using double shielded coax and 2 RCA/Phono connectors. Total cost should be less than £5.

Good point. I am looking to spend around £50 /10m. I was actually looking at the IXOS Premium Quad:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/ixos-premium-quad-shielded-digital-coaxial-audio-cable-custom-p-597.html

or QED Professional:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/qed-professional-digital-coaxial-audio-cable-custom-length-p-562.html

I had no idea that you could get Coax cables for £100k! How many metres is that for?

D

Deleted member 30535

Don't equate cost with quality. You'd be hard pressed to find a better interconnect than one of those offered in the PowerBuys.

If you need some flexibility on your cable, then the Canare LV77S cable, although billed as a subwoofer cable, would be your best bet. The Belden digital coax interconnects based on the 1694A cable has a minimum bend radius of 7cm, which is not ideal for going around tight corners! But then I have not been able to confirm the LV77S radius, all I have heard is that it is more flexible than the Belden cable.

HTH

deaf cat

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom