Please recommend receiver for RS6 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sfeldman, Feb 9, 2009.

1. sfeldman

sfeldman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered the SR6 speakers, and am wanting to know which receiver would go best with them (under $1000, if possible). (it's for audio only --no video-- and would also like to have a satellite radio included, but if I have to buy the satellite radio separately, I will) Thanks for the help!

2. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi, do you mean the RS6 speakers, if so I'll change the thread title accordingly.

Dan.

3. sfeldman

sfeldman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, RS6-- thanx for the correction. do you have a recommendation for a receiver?

4. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi Sfeldman, thread title updated.

As for receivers, I'm not really familiar with the Pioneer, Onkyo and Sony options, but love the Arcams - AVR280 & AVR350, but these have HDMI limitations but may still be able to get hold of them at a vastly reduced price (About £400-£500, and £600-£700 accordingly).

Can get Cambridge Audio 640R at a good price (with similiar limitations of HDMI), but a good budget option at probably just under £300.

Other than that, you're best waiting for further answers as not bought any non-Arcam AV electrionics for a little while now.

Dan.