Please recommend me a game to buy !!!

Chrisj17

Established Member
Reaction score
Right getting board of Fifa and Cod now, Looking to go for a somthing a bit diffrent for a change. Already got LA Noire and quite enjoying it, But im looking to trade fifa in tomorrow and looking to get a couple of games. But i have not got a clue of what to get. I like First person shooter games, Also like car games but ain't played one in ages. Can anyone recommend any games that have recently come out this year. Also been looking at dead rising 2 enjoyed the first one can anyone tell me what the 2nd one is like ?
Thanks for any suggestions :)

Also any good game that you can play on xbox live
Anyone know what brink is like ?

Last edited:
Got Bad Company 2? Great online (though if you are used to COD it is a bit of a change in pace) and still has a large following from here as well as with randoms. Definately worth picking up if you haven't tried it previously.

I fancied a change from the usual FPS, footy or driving games I usually go for recently so got stuck into Assassins Creed. First 2 down, part way through Brotherhood and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Love DR2 and the DLC too. Never played the first so can't compare but I'm guessing 2 is going pretty cheap these days. Anything under £20 I would say it's well worth it.

Crysis is worth a punt for the SP, MP I found a bit ropey and only played a few games.

Also Red Dead is pretty epic and Just Cause 2 is pure mentalism. Not remotely realistic but a heap of fun and can be had for not much more than fiver I think.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Right getting board of Fifa and Cod now, Looking to go for a somthing a bit diffrent for a change. Already got LA Noire and quite enjoying it, But im looking to trade fifa in tomorrow and looking to get a couple of games. But i have not got a clue of what to get. I like First person shooter games, Also like car games but ain't played one in ages. Can anyone recommend any games that have recently come out this year. Also been looking at dead rising 2 enjoyed the first one can anyone tell me what the 2nd one is like ?
Thanks for any suggestions :)

Also any good game that you can play on xbox live
Anyone know what brink is like ?

Dirt 3 came out yesterday and the reviews so far are pretty positive.

Brink hasn't got spectacular reviews, it's over complicated.
Homefront or Battlefield Bad Company 2 are slower paced FPS games. Battlefield Bad Company 2 seems to be the best out of the 2.

Last edited:
Got Bad Company 2? Great online (though if you are used to COD it is a bit of a change in pace) and still has a large following from here as well as with randoms. Definately worth picking up if you haven't tried it previously.

I fancied a change from the usual FPS, footy or driving games I usually go for recently so got stuck into Assassins Creed. First 2 down, part way through Brotherhood and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Love DR2 and the DLC too. Never played the first so can't compare but I'm guessing 2 is going pretty cheap these days. Anything under £20 I would say it's well worth it.

Crysis is worth a punt for the SP, MP I found a bit ropey and only played a few games.

Also Red Dead is pretty epic and Just Cause 2 is pure mentalism. Not remotely realistic but a heap of fun and can be had for not much more than fiver I think.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums
i played the first bad company and quite enjoyed it never played it all the way through though, Will have a look at it today. And from the reviews everyone seem to rate DR2 just as good as the 1st think i might go for that as i enjoyed the first one quite a bit..

Dirt 3 came out yesterday and the reviews so far are pretty positive.

Brink hasn't got spectacular reviews, it's over complicated.
Homefront or Battlefield Bad Company 2 are slower paced FPS games. Battlefield Bad Company 2 seems to be the best out of the 2.
Yea i have been looking at the dirt 3 review and people have been saying good stuff about it. And i've been looking at the brink reviews too the advert looks quite good be the game not as good lol think ill give that one a miss. Yea i think i might go for bad company 2, i like the FPS online quite alot.

Get a copy of Darksiders (available as a download of XBL for £15.00)
Excellent game.
Ill have a look at darkersiders today what type of game is it ?

Also anyone know what Operation Flashpoint Red River is like ? I think thats the latest one isn't it ?

Thanks for all the suggestion so far realy appreciated :smashin:

Mass Effect 2.

Not only is it a solid shooter (in a Gears style, rather than FPS) but the storyline will suck you right in. I picked it up for £7 pre-owned in Gamestation too, so it won't cost you much for a game that will give you 40hrs of solid play time.

The Assassins Creed Series is one of my favourites. Have played the first two all the way through (even got 100% trophies on 2).

Currently a few hours into Brotherhood. Loving it :smashin:

Mass Effect 2.

Not only is it a solid shooter (in a Gears style, rather than FPS) but the storyline will suck you right in. I picked it up for £7 pre-owned in Gamestation too, so it won't cost you much for a game that will give you 40hrs of solid play time.
Cheers just had a look at game.co.uk and everyone is giving it great reviews will deffo have a look out for this :smashin:

The Assassins Creed Series is one of my favourites. Have played the first two all the way through (even got 100% trophies on 2).

Currently a few hours into Brotherhood. Loving it
I think im going to have a look at this aswell today if it ain't that much i might get it played the first one, never completed it though but i enjoyed what i played of it.

Think i might get, Tiger woods 2012, Dift 3, Mass Effect 2 and Assasins Creed Brotherhood or Dead Rising 2

Last edited:
If you like arcadey driving games i recommend Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, by the makers of the burnout series. It is probably quite cheap now and it is immense fun online.

I think it has that one more go factor.

Racing ..... DiRT3 or NFS HP2 (I would say DiRT3)

Really depends on what kind of game you like. If you like shooters then Mass Effect 2 is brilliant, it's a 3rd person RPG/Shooter but to be honest, to make the most of it play Mass Effect first. ME2 is the better shooter but ME1 has a great storyline and is still a great game.

As for FPS the best one on the 360 imho is Bioshock, awesome game. Great gameplay and fantastic story.

I don't play online that much, so most of my recommendations would be for single player games that really suck you in.

If it's something different I can throughly recommend Portal 1 and 2... the 1st is a classic but a little short. Portal 2 added a much longer campaign and story along with a completely separate co-op mode... I've yet to find someone to play through with though. Apparently the wife's brain doesn't get it...:rotfl:

I'll give you some non-obvious ones:

Split/Second -- probably the best arcade racer I've played on the 360. Criminally, slipped under the radar of the majority somehow.

Lost Odyssey -- best RPG available on this generation of consoles imo. Had this game been called Final Fantasy XIII then this would have sold millions upon millions. Easily makes it into the top ten games I've ever played.

Lost Planet (1) -- Great third person shooter, the survival aspect of the gameplay mechanics really set it apart from everything else if you play on Hard or Extreme (definitely recommend Hard first though).

Conan and/or Viking -- Great fun action/adventure type games. Really simple combo system, decent plot without being over complicated.

You can pick up any of these games for less than a tenner without much effort.

I had loads of fun playing Splinter Cell Conviction and the Gears of War series is really good too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom