1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recommend me a cheap dual display graphics card

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by j1f, Feb 26, 2004.

1. j1f

j1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at upgrading my aging GeForce 2 MX200 to a dual display card for video editing purposes. I'm not much of a gamer so amazing 3D power isn't essential (but whatever I get would be a bonus as I'll play a game if I've got nothing better to do!) I just want a good card that'll allow me to link my TV to the PC for full screen overlay previewing as well as my 19" CRT for the actual editing.
    Can anybody suggest an inexpensive card for this job? I was looking at the Radeon 9200se which retails for about £40 and was wondering if this would be sufficient. I think it comes with 1xVGA, 1xDVI and 1xcomposite outputs.
    Whilst on the subject, can anybody also tell me what sort of cable/adaptor I would need to get so that I could run a 2nd CRT monitor on the card when I'm not using the TV? I'm guessing it'd either be some sort of dvi to vga or composite to vga cable....thanks for any info!

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    To answer your second question .. you'd need a DVI->VGA and Radeons typically come with one, though whether the SE variants which are specced to a price do so you'd need to check.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    This is the graphics card that I use in my NLE system with the Matrox RT2500 capture card:

www.dabs.com
    Millenium G450 16MB DDR AGP OEM Dual Head
    £50.00 inc VAT (£42.56 ex VAT)

New Matrox G450 256-bit DualBus graphics chip integrates more features than ever before. It boasts the industry-defining 2D and 3D image quality and speed. DualHead Multi-Display will change the way you use your PC. Vibrant Color Quality rendering brings photo-realistic color quality to all your applications. Hardware Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping allows for 3D textures to life like never before. DualHead DVDMax lets you output DVD movies to your TV independent of your PC desktop. G450 has the comprehensive driver support.
    2 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) - 2 ¦ 1 x display / video - S-video output - 4 PIN mini-DIN - 1 ¦ 1 x display / video - composite video output - RCA - 1

HTH,
    Mark.