TheDarkKnight01

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am looking into purchasing a new TV but to be honest with you, after having read through many articles on here and peoples suggestions there are so many options it's quite hard to take in.

My current set up is as follows:

42" Panasonic TV (Can't remember specific model # off the top of my head). It won TV of the year around 2014 and has been brilliant, still love it just with the new 4k around it is tempting me to upgrade.
I have a Pioneer HTP-072 AV Receiver which everything runs through. The amp itself, sub and 5 speakers.
Xbox One (which has the Blu Ray player) running through the AV Receiver.

I will be purchasing the Xbox One S as I heard the 4k player is actually very good, so I am basically looking for a TV which will have 4k (The main reason for upgrading), I will have to measure up but I would be happy to go for as big a TV as possible, could you make suggestions between 48" - 65".

Another question I have, as I run my Xbox through the AV Receiver, would this also need upgrading due to the 4k?

The TV does not need to have 3D as I am not a fan. It also does not need Smart TV.

Budget will depend on if I have to purchase a new AV Receiver but would be looking to spend around £1,000 on a TV, if this is possible. Please recommend TV's even if they are above this so I know what sort of money I will be looking at needing to spend.

Thank you for reading!

Your AVR will need to be updated if you want to take advantage of DTS:X or Dolby Atmos.

Also, although you don't need a Smart TV, I think that's the way it's gone lately.

Can't really advise on a TV, I have a Samsung KS7500 which I'm more than happy with, but I'm sure others will have their own advice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom