Please recommend a replacement Receiver please - Yamaha RX-A6A or Arcam AVR11 or something else?

MadDogStu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there are 100s of threads asking similar questions; but my current setup is slightly different.
I currently have the following:-
  • LG G1 77" TV
  • PS5
  • Xbox Series X
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Sky Q
  • Use netflix and amazon prime from built in apps on TV
  • Yamaha RX-A1080
I do lots of gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X; must TV viewing is Sky Q then Amazon prime app.
Currently PS5 and Xbox connected to TV and using E-arc.

Speakers in a 5.1.2 Setup
  • Dali Oberon 5 main speakers x 2
  • Dali Centre speaker - Oberon Vokal
  • Dali Fazon Rear wall mounted speakers x 2
  • Dali E9 Sub
  • Dali C1 Atmos speakers sitting on top of my main speakers firing upwards x 2

My question is , should I upgrade my Receiver to an Yamaha RX-A6A or an Arcam AVR11 or some other receiver, or wait for new models to come later this year?

Really am torn between these two receivers; but know little about the Arcam; i have always been a Yamaha Receiver person.

My budget is £2,800 for a new receiver.

Really would appreciate your views; as all this HDMI 2.1 feature set is a minefield; and ideally i want just the one HDMI cable going to the TV.

Sincere thanks for your help

Absolutely wait. Especially with the HDMI 2.1 issues.
New Denon & Marantz receivers should be announced in the coming months.
Note that I said "Should". No news or rumors but since nothing was announced last year bar 1, I think, they are expected. And of course, never buy a product that promises a firmware update in the future that brings features that don't work yet.

Unless you have a pressing reason to replace your existing Yamaha RX-A1080, I'd suggest waiting. It could be longer than just a few months though, so patience may be required.

You already have a functional solution for gaming using eARC, and I rather doubt that any replacement AVR will allow you to route the PS5 / XBox through the AVR without creating noticeable delays.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom