Please recommend a good stubble trimmer. And am I the only one who cannot get ANY to work?!

Forzafan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a guy who likes the stubble look (even just 1 or 2 days growth) but doesnt want to grow a beard for a few reasons so once a week I have to wet shave and start the process again. I would love to find a stubble trimmer which would allow me to revert to day 1 or 2 growth not clean shaven but EVERY one I have tried does not give me an even cut. It looks patchy and untidy. I currently have a babyliss itrim (setting around 0.8mm) and a phillips oneblade but neither work for me. When i see all the positive reviews of these products I know the problem lies with me not them but is there a 'foolproof' device that will always give that even trim? Money is not an object for the right result.

thanks

Hi,

I am a guy who likes the stubble look (even just 1 or 2 days growth) but doesnt want to grow a beard for a few reasons so once a week I have to wet shave and start the process again. I would love to find a stubble trimmer which would allow me to revert to day 1 or 2 growth not clean shaven but EVERY one I have tried does not give me an even cut. It looks patchy and untidy. I currently have a babyliss itrim (setting around 0.8mm) and a phillips oneblade but neither work for me. When i see all the positive reviews of these products I know the problem lies with me not them but is there a 'foolproof' device that will always give that even trim? Money is not an object for the right result.

thanks

I have similar issues, but as you can probably tell from my avatar, I have a misshapen face.

Philips one blade?

I have a Remington beard trimmer. On number 1 it has a very short stubble, and just glides over the skin without pulling anything.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'm in the same boat, pinned my hopes on the one blade but it's crap.
Best one I've got is a babyliss stubble thingy, still crap but the best out of the crap I own.

I had an iStubble (i think) which was excellent until the battery died. I replaced it with another of the same type. Well, it was but had a few minor tweaks and it’s nowhere near as good and have to go over the same places multiple times.

So i’ll be checking out some of the options above :smashin:

Another vote for the Phillips 5000 beard/stubble trimmer.

I’ve always preferred stubble. I did try a rotary shaver for a few weeks a while back but it was far too close a shave. The Phillips 3000 is superb, it trims from 0.4mm with the guard removed all the way up to 10mm. As mentioned the battery is superb.

A bargain for the current price of about £30.

I've got the same one, or at least very similar. It's very good, battery lasts quite a long time. :thumbsup:
Another bonus is you can take the guard off and use the metal blades to give yourself a very close crop on your head. I also bought one of these.....
Remington Men's Flex 360 Rotary Electric Head Shaver for Skull and Face, 100 Percent Waterproof with Detail Trimmer - XR1400 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N1ILBC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dasNCbHFM1GHR
Skull shaver that you can use wet or dry and gives you a very close shave, almost as good as a wet shave.

I bought a Remington Barba Beard Trimmer in 2015 and it's still going strong.

I went through a lot of beard trimmers and none really did a good cut. I now use my hair clippers with the guard off and blade set to the longest. I haven’t wet shaved in many many years and don’t have a beard, just stubble.

thanks for all the recommendations guys I will have a look over the weekend. I still worry that its either my face or technique that is the issue but it wont stop me trying a few of these.

Another vote for the Remington. I use it on "3 or 4" on the setting scale to trim my goatee and it's superb, doesn't snag and gives a very uniform cut - and the charge lasts for ages. On a "1" or with the comb removed I imagine it would cut very close.

Used to be a big fan of the Remington Barba but the two I had both eventually stopped charging and could only be used whilst plugged into the mains. Even then the 2nd one I bought would not work at all after a year because the mains adaptor stopped working. Reading amazon reviews it appears to be a common problem now.

Apart from the battery/power issues it was a superb trimmer for the price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom