1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recommend a good HTPC case

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mince bigalow, Sep 23, 2003.

1. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i need a new case for my HTPC. I've seen those LMP cases but dont want to be restricted to the dvd drive and also I dont think they're as nice as they should be for the price. I've seen those DIGN cases and wouldn't mind one of those. Where is the cheapest place to buy these? Or can anyone recommend a better case?

Thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You could have a look at the ATC Coolermaster cases...sorry I don't have their website to hand,but there are loads of references to them on the web.
    very nice indeed,and goes quite well with most hifi gear....my UVEM has one of these cases.

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second that. I have the Coolermaster ATC 'Classic III' fitted by Uvem who built my HTPC.

This particular case comes in black and silver, I have the latter due to it matching my AV AMP and sitting directly next to it in rack.

Very nice TBH (picture from Phil Hale - UVEM - when I was undecided on colour)

Attached Files:

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I second the CoolerMaster ATC-620-BX1 case - I have one in black and I think it fits in nicely with existing kit - here's a couple of links to places that sell them:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Coolermaster_Cases_126.html

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?subcat=1

My case is just under £80 plus postage from overclockers. It needs an MATX board, and I use the Asus A7N266 board. It has 5.1 sound but I'm using a Soundblaster card that I laready had because you need to get the spdif adapter for the board. You have to get a J-Panel (£6) and mod it for a rear connection.

HTH

Gary.

5. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Well having personally put together more than 30 PCs in my time with many different cases (I actually have 3 Coolermaster cases here at the moment), I can honestly say the LMP case I bought recently is by far the nicest. Not the easiest to work with (but then it's a HTPC case), but extremely well finished and is light as a feather. IMO I think that it would be hard to beat (BTW I have no affiliation at all with LMP).

6. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the suggestions guys, there are various reasons why I have decided a DIGN/Accent case is the best for me:

The coolermasters are mATX and I want a full sized case that will fit in well with my amp etc, also there is no easy way to put an LCD/VFD in there.

The LMP is ok but I hate the fact that it's limited to one dvd drive and also I think its not half as nice as the DIGN range and is overpriced.

So it looks like the DIGN/Accent cases are the ones for me. Where is the cheapest place to buy them from?

cheers