1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recommend a Child-proof Hifi Rack

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Buckster, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Hi there - can any one recommend a cheap-ish hifi rack that has safe glass doors so that my Pioneer AV amp (2011) and Toshiba 9500 DVD player can be safe from my toddler please - I'm running out of tape at the moment !! (volume dial taped, selector switch taped etc ....)

The 2011 is quite large which is causing problems - and ideally also needs to be open backed temperature wise.

Max budget about 100 pounds - annoyingly I have a decent hifi rack - its just completely open so not child proof.

Many thanks for any help,

Mark.

2. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've been really lucky that my 4 year old daughter has always understood that it's very bad :nono: to go near my hifi stuff & subsequently she has never touched it :thumbsup: .
    However I was all ready to have a piece of clear perspex cut to the size of the front of my rack which I intended to velcro onto the front of the rack if she started to show an interest.
    It would certainly be alot cheaper than buying a replacement rack & you'd only need to remove the front if changing a cd or dvd.

Might be completley useless to you but thought I would share :)

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,087
  4. britco

britco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: