• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please recomend a AMP for less than £500.

theredindian

Novice Member
i am looking for an amp & have been looking at Pioneer VSX1016 (AV Receiver - With HDMI interface) - link.

I have SKY HD, Samsung N73 LCD and a standard Pioneer DVD player which will connect to the amp.

Is Pioneer a good make or is there any better for no more than £500?

Thanks for your help.

sk8

Established Member
2307 is a great amp and for the money the Onkyo 674 is worth checking out

sk8

Established Member
no experience of pioneer but people will always recommend what they know. Its a bit subjective

Dann'sTheMan

Established Member
If you can find one under budget, do audition the Sony 3200ES - I love mine. It can handle multichannel LPCM audio sent via HDMI - making it compatible with the high definition audio soundtracks on Blue Ray and HD-DVD media (you'll need a player that can decode soundtracks like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD and then transmit it via HDMI as LPCM), :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

Junglist

Established Member
If you can find one under budget, do audition the Sony 3200ES - I love mine. It can handle multichannel LPCM audio sent via HDMI - making it compatible with the high definition audio soundtracks on Blue Ray and HD-DVD media (you'll need a player that can decode soundtracks like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD and then transmit it via HDMI as LPCM), :)

Can i connect a PS3 to this and get the PCM thru HDMI? AFAIK u cant do this with the 1200ES (which is what i was looking at before reading this).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom