Please reccomend a wireless router for 360 LIVE

GaryMo

I have NTL 4MB internet and use the provided NTL modem which feeds a Belkin F5D7231 wireless router.

I have uPnP selected and have also place the IP address of my Xbox 360 outside of the NAT firewall.
When testing the connection on my 360 I always have an OPEN NAT.
I had no problems playing games on LIVE, apart from the odd game against some opponents on PES6 but could not get a game online with COD3 no matter which option I chose.
Somebody recommended I try plugging my 360 directly into my modem, I did and viola, straight into a game.

Now, I assume that routers in general can't be the problem, unless everybody's using just a modem? So I guess its my router which is the problem, though would that be expected with an open NAT?

If so, could somebody please recommend a good wireless router which is Xbox Live certified?

Many thanks in advance.

Wicker

I had the same problem with that old router. I upgraded to a Netgear DG834 PN which seemed to solve all problems.

Since having the new router I don't seem to have any problems on xbox live after that. (Expect when xbox live is down but thats not my fault)

I dont know if it is XBL certified though.

GaryMo

So you had the same Belkin router as me?

I've just checked the spec on the DG834 PN but unfortunatly its a modem/router for ADSL, having NTL Cable I need just a wireless router.
I feel its going to have to be Netgear though, I've just been looking at a WPN824 which is XBL certified.

List of certified router's.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom