****PLEASE READ, DESCRIPTION OF STEELBOOKS**** UPDATED 11/02/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildkarrde

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
617   0   0
With a few instances lately of 'item not as described' and with this forum having the most OCD collectors, here are some ground rules to save any further instances.

If a seller describes an item as mint, ask for photo's to prove that it is indeed what YOU class as mint. One persons idea of mint may differ from the next person.

If you purchase without photo's and it's not what YOU class as mint and you wish to return it and the seller agrees, YOU bear the cost's of return postage.

The seller is under no obligation to take back any steelbook that is 'not as described' if the above process was not followed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Wildkarrde

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
617   0   0
I'm raising the issue regarding the condition of steelbooks. I posted this sticky back in September - ****PLEASE READ, DESCRIPTION OF STEELBOOKS**** | AVForums and it seems to be having little effect.

I'm asking again that you take as many photo's before selling (ideally at an angle to catch hairline scratches or dents), go over with a fine tooth comb under light and be completely honest, this will clarify what condition the Steelbook is in.

Whether we have honest sellers and dishonest buyers , dishonest sellers and honest buyers or just honest sellers and buyers that miss things i can't really tell, so asking for Moderation is a hard task when one arrives 'not mint'.

I realise that collecting steelbooks is an expensive hobby and when you purchase one you expect a certain condition just like buying new, but these are 2nd hand. When buying 2nd hand you are buying something that has been used regardless of how much you have paid.
If you want unblemished and mint, buy it new.

Please make sure that all eventualities are covered as we cannot rule in favour of any refund or return if the above has not been followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom