Please read and recommend a DVD player for me?

radical1

Thought I would ask for advice, Im in the market for a new DVD player and totally fed up with buying machines, getting them home and them not playing my discs! I use a cheap Asda Cyberhome DVD recorder at moment and it is great - it plays everything I throw at it.... only trouble is it takes ages to load up at start cuz its a recorder. I just want a cheap, standalone player, cheap and cheerfull but I got a few criteria....

Anybody recommend a great player that does the following....

Plays ALL discs. all AVI files, divX data CDs (burnt on Nero) DVD+ and -R's etc etc.

Simple remote control and responsive (i hate having to wave a remote in front of the machine!) LOL

Compact ( I dont want a wide one) I want one thats similar width to a Cable or Sky Box.

And I want to connect it using Component as i have no free scarts and dont wanna double up.

Recomendations will be greatly appreciated....:thumbsup:

I bought a Philips DVP3120 from Currys for £29.99 - it says on description that it plays anything and is DivX compatible however it will not play any AVI file at all!!

Tried a £30.00 Toshiba SD170e from Tesco , lovely machine but does not play the AVIs again...

Help??!! :smashin:

badbob

Banned
Plays ALL all AVI files, divX data CDs (burnt on Nero) DVD+ and -R's etc etc.

HTPC. Unlimited audio/video/subs codec support. I don't bother using DVD player anymore, some things work, others don't.

radical1

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom