Please read and recommend a DVD player for me?

radical1

Thought I would ask for advice, Im in the market for a new DVD player and totally fed up with buying machines, getting them home and them not playing my discs! I use a cheap Asda Cyberhome DVD recorder at moment and it is great - it plays everything I throw at it.... only trouble is it takes ages to load up at start cuz its a recorder. I just want a cheap, standalone player, cheap and cheerfull but I got a few criteria....

Anybody recommend a great player that does the following....

Plays ALL discs. all AVI files, divX data CDs (burnt on Nero) DVD+ and -R's etc etc.

Simple remote control and responsive (i hate having to wave a remote in front of the machine!) LOL

Compact ( I dont want a wide one) I want one thats similar width to a Cable or Sky Box.

And I want to connect it using Component as i have no free scarts and dont wanna double up.

Recomendations will be greatly appreciated....:thumbsup:

I bought a Philips DVP3120 from Currys for £29.99 - it says on description that it plays anything and is DivX compatible however it will not play any AVI file at all!!

Tried a £30.00 Toshiba SD170e from Tesco , lovely machine but does not play the AVIs again...

Help??!! :smashin:

badbob

Banned
Plays ALL all AVI files, divX data CDs (burnt on Nero) DVD+ and -R's etc etc.

HTPC. Unlimited audio/video/subs codec support. I don't bother using DVD player anymore, some things work, others don't.

radical1

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom