1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please post pictures of PB12-Plus/2 & PB12-ISD/2

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sschen, Apr 23, 2005.

1. sschen

sschen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Can owners of SVS PB12-Plus/2 & PB12-ISD/2 kindly post pictures of their sub, preferably in close-up?

I am considering the different finish to get and like a "closer" view of the available finish.

Thanks heaps in advance.
    Stephen

2. Mroizouk

Mroizouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is an ultra-2, but i think the cabinet's common to the + and ISD models.

These are the only pics I have on the computer. Unfortunately the sub's at my folks' place so I can't take any better pictures!

see this thread for other the pics

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204100

Attached Files:

3. sschen

sschen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the picture. Much appreciated.

What the heck is that thing below the sub? It looks like a concrete slab???

Stephen

4. Mroizouk

Mroizouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yep, its a big concrete slab. the sub's upstairs on a suspended wood floor so i got some sorbothane feet and the paving slab to isolate it and calm down the vibrations. Floorboards and pipes were rattling! There's a sheet of foam the sub was packed in under the concrete too.

5. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Using foam over the complete area of your slab it is likely to behave as a hard solid mass. The load per-sq-inch doesn't deform the foam. So it might as well not be there unless it is supporting smaller areas which do deform the sponge a little.

I experimented extensively with paving slabs some years ago as a possible isolation table for my hifi turntable. I ended up using lorry valve springs to support my doubled-up paving slabs compliantly at a suitably low frequency. I was actually most interested in isolating micro-seisms. A theory I came up with at the height of my hifi mania period. (unfortunately concrete slabs were crap as a turntable isolation table even when suitably suspended) :blush:

BTW: I really don't recommend valve springs either. As stability is very marginal with such a high C of G. :oops:

Nimby

6. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Nimby,

Just looked at your website. Nice little read thanks. Great to hear your mrs likes the sub & heavy music. Shame mine doesn't :( She doesn't see the point in any of my equipment. Trying to think of a way of breaking it to her that I'm going to get a SVS.

Jus :)

7. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Jus

You must find a way of getting your better half interested in listening to her choice of music on your shared system. Never ridicule her taste in music no matter how awful you think they are. Buy her some CDs of her favorite groups or artists. Or better still video DVDs of her favorite artists performing.

Best of luck getting the SVS past the inspection committee. :rolleyes:

Nimby

8. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Nimby,

Thanks for the advice. She's actually got a really good taste in music. She voiced a desire to own an ipod a few months ago. Her showing any interest in technology is a bit of a shocker so I rushed out and bought her a 60gb ipod photo, tivoli speaker radio thing and put 200 albums on it for her (10 she asked for). She listened to it non-stop for about a week. She hasn't turned it on for a few weeks now :( Music just isn't that important to her anymore. Her favourite artist is David Bowie. I bought the hits DVD a year or so ago. She didn't blinkin play it. I put it on a few times and she didn't pay much attention to it.

She is really supportive and spurs me on to do other things I want to do OU courses, scuba diving, PPL - she's keen for me to do my private pilots licence which will cost about 10k. She just doesn't see the point in spending <1k on a woofer...which I find really easy to do because it's material and I have something to show for it.

I'll just have to buy it and put up with the stick for a bit :devil:

Jus.

9. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have a look in the members gallery under Thunders system :thumbsup: