Please post photos of your oled in your home set up

buchouk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a very proud owner of 65inch oled C6 this is my first post on here, and before i say anything else, i would like to thank avforums community for the information that i gained which helpd me find the best almost perfect TV.

I have been curious in what sort of set ups living rooms, (bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms??) these oled panels have found homes in. (including any extra sound equipment).

i hope this thread would be filled with photos of how these oleds are being showcased. i will put photo or two of my set up, but before i do.
I want to make sure i dont open up a thread like this that actually already exists. if so, apologies and please kindly direct me to the right thread.

Many Thanks

Great idea indeed. Don't believe it exist officially beside the occasional sharing...

thanks
to get things rolling. Hopefully..

i have the 65c6 wall mounted as close to the wall as possible and at c eye viewiing position when sat down. The tv iteslf is incredible, not much to say here that hasnt already been said. Aside from a few niggles like noise levels dependant on source material, and a tiny bit of black crush to rectify near black noise. its the best movie viewing experience i have come across. i havent been to cinema for months now and dont intend to anytime soon.

it has been difficult to capture the size of the tv. it seems to look smaller in the photos. however it does sort of dominate the room but in a good way.

connected to it ps4 pro which looks absolutely stunning on the oled when playing 4k (checkerboard upscaing) HDR games.

i have wanted to invest in a a good pair of speakers or a decent 5.1 surround.
but have settled quite happily with a Yamaha YSP1600 soundbar.
the sound quality has exceeded my expectations when coming from previous lg and sony soundbars. it fills the room quite easily with sound thats clean and quite cinema like and actually bounces of the walls to create a sort of surround experience. not quite like a real 5.1 surround set up. but the audio quality now matches upto the visual quality quite nicely.
IMG_20170420_203134.jpg

IMG_20170419_171944.jpg

IMG_20170419_173711.jpg

Here is my 55E6. A bit high (and tilted down) to keep away from toddler hands. I had Cambridge Audio Min11s when I took this photo a whole ago but now use Min20s. X201 sub is plenty for me.
IMG_20160717_182043.jpg
IMG_20160717_182020.jpg

Here is my 55E6. A bit high (and tilted down) to keep away from toddler hands. I had Cambridge Audio Min11s when I took this photo a whole ago but now use Min20s. X201 sub is plenty for me. View attachment 855520View attachment 855521
Hi d10brp
Just bought a 55E6 myself (It's sitting in the box til Monday) and will be mounting around the same height as yours probably. Is the tilt enough to prevent issues while viewing 3d. I have heard that you need to view it heads on.
Will post a pic once it's on the wall.
J

Hi d10brp
Just bought a 55E6 myself (It's sitting in the box til Monday) and will be mounting around the same height as yours probably. Is the tilt enough to prevent issues while viewing 3d. I have heard that you need to view it heads on.
Will post a pic once it's on the wall.
J
I haven't noticed any issues myself but then I haven't really looked for them. Certainly, I was impressed with what I saw watching Gravity and Bateman vs Superman in 3D

Cheers, looking forward to checking it out for myself. Might try it myself tomorrow night after work. Your setup looks great btw.

My room...

img_3298-jpg.856330

One thing I will say is the OLED can struggle somewhat during the day, in some regards, the Sony I had before was more suited to this room.

Attachments

• IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 16,032
Cheers, it is our conservatory, but we use it 95% of the time now, comfy sofa helps...
conservatory%20rear%20day.jpg

Jealous already, some really nice houses :love:

Nothing fancy here, I just need a comfy chair, foot stool and a big screen. No other half to nag about a TV dominating the room :suicide:

e6.jpg

My 55"b6 - speaker above tv due to toddler

Attachments

• IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 1,511
55" 930V vs 65" B6

20161218_233005 (1).jpg

20170501_172203.jpg

20161218_231213.jpg

20170501_172217.jpg

Here's mine, nothing to write home about other than (what feels like) the two days travel to get to the TV from the sofa.

IMG_2174.JPG

Is that your new pad, did you move in the end?

Yeah it is mate, I moved in last December.

IMG_2084.JPG

I started to plan out a ceiling Atmos install almost immediately after moving in, and the wall the TV is up against is more than ample for a decent projector screen but after pricing it up I was brought back down to earth!:(:rotfl:

A 77W7V though, man that'd look great up on there!:laugh:

Beautiful set up guys, you are all very lucky!!!
Some of you have serious space and I understand why bigger than 65 is tempting...

Hope to join you this year and share my new toy. A new TV next to my new hifi set up...waited long enough after all !!!

Only had the c6 for a week . Still trying to decide on soundbar , any recommendations appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_6672.JPG
    IMG_6672.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,425
Only had the c6 for a week . Still trying to decide on soundbar , any recommendations appreciated

Nice setup !!
I like the black and white furniture. What brand is it?
What is your budget for soundbar

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom