Please post photos of your oled in your home set up

are the glass doors from ikea also, i'm looking for something like this also, would prefer gloss black but i dont think the besta comes in it

are the glass doors from ikea also, i'm looking for something like this also, would prefer gloss black but i dont think the besta comes in it
Yeah, it’s all from there, you purchase the unit with nothing (shelves, feet, doors) for about £55 and then you build it up to suit, was about £220 all in.
You can get solid black doors, but I wanted to see the receiver info.
Also wall mount kit option if you can fit it all in.

great thanks, i'll have to pop out and have a look, do you know the name of the glass doors? i cant seem to find the one you have with the side handle, only glassvik doors with a bit of a dark frame

View attachment 1032072 View attachment 1032073 View attachment 1032074
That’s the one, black & brown wood with black glass top and black glass left/right doors.
I’ve cut a hole out the back as the amp is too deep and not used the free space directly above to see how it goes (lat it breath).
A few other members have the same and have no amp complaints.
I’ll keep and eye on, had a bday party this afternoon and the music was thumping and no AV issues at all.
You can see the AV Receiver lcd at night through the glass (I like that - see dark Atomic Blonde shot above and look down and left) but it’s very faint during the day.
Originally had the receiver and centre speaker on top of the older cabinet but it annoyed me as always in show
Thank you for the info. Def looks like it suits my needs and as you my amp is on top at the moment but needs child proofing!! It’s good also that the amp info can be seen through the glass as I will need this.

Thank you for the info. Def looks like it suits my needs and as you my amp is on top at the moment but needs child proofing!! It’s good also that the amp info can be seen through the glass as I will need this.
One thing I noted last night was the other cabinet has 3 devices in it, a freesat box, blu player and a ps4pro.
I was on the PS4 and afterward opened the glass door and it was hot in there, PS4 fans had been on, so may remove the back of that cabinet too (or leave door open when gaming).
Amp was fine.

One thing I noted last night was the other cabinet has 3 devices in it, a freesat box, blu player and a ps4pro.
I was on the PS4 and afterward opened the glass door and it was hot in there, PS4 fans had been on, so may remove the back of that cabinet too (or leave door open when gaming).
Amp was fine.
So in that cabinet you have those devices in and fits all ok?

BD5F1AD9-CC27-43E2-BD7F-FB3764ABDC27.jpeg
So in that cabinet you have those devices in and fits all ok?
Yep

65" AF8

Room is really bright, but daytime viewing is actually totally fine (amazingly)

Try and keep it all minimal. Panasonic UB900 and PS4 Pro are housed discreetly underneath the tv.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,070
It will certainly hide the dust more, one problem if you can call it a problem is being almost piano black finish you will see dust, so need to keep on top of that.

It will certainly hide the dust more, one problem if you can call it a problem is being almost piano black finish you will see dust, so need to keep on top of that.

That was one of the reasons for thinking white glass on top but also just to be a bit different and break it up a bit. Just not sure if it looks odd or not

That was one of the reasons for thinking white glass on top but also just to be a bit different and break it up a bit. Just not sure if it looks odd or not

Tricky one, I see your dilemma. I very much like the concept, but I can't help but think it may look a little odd, yeah. Personally, I'd keep things simple. The uniform black look wil never get old. Plus, and I'm kinda reaching here, the white panel may distract from the picture a little, especially if it's in any way reflective...

Nice problem to have anyway... ;)

You could always (unless it’s a long journey to ikea) leave it, so it will be the black/brown wood finish on top to see how you like the black and put a white sheet on top, then go back to purchase...

Tricky one, I see your dilemma. I very much like the concept, but I can't help but think it may look a little odd, yeah. Personally, I'd keep things simple. The uniform black look wil never get old. Plus, and I'm kinda reaching here, the white panel may distract from the picture a little, especially if it's in any way reflective...

Nice problem to have anyway... ;)

I guess I could always try it and then swap for a black top if need be I found this pic which is what got me started on the idea, wish I didn’t see it now lol!

0FFC0D86-D068-42E6-8501-472F72F80F5E.jpeg

Not bad looking but would need to be careful, as mentioned, in a dark room, it may act and an uplighter when bright images are produced from the screen.

Not bad looking but would need to be careful, as mentioned, in a dark room, it may act and an uplighter when bright images are produced from the screen.
Ahhh yes I see what you mean. Maybe just play it safe with the black glass then. Thank you for your opinions.

I guess I could always try it and then swap for a black top if need be I found this pic which is what got me started on the idea, wish I didn’t see it now lol!

View attachment 1034591

- You're bringing out the woman in me, because I'm thinking that it's all down to that silver bezel on the photo. 'Offsets' it nicely...or something..(?) I dunno, and please excuse me if I'm being dumb and your TV is the same, but i think that makes a difference. I'm still not sold though...but yet part of me does like the idea too.

I'd still play it safe, but I sympathise...there's definitely something inherently cool about it...

- You're bringing out the woman in me, because I'm thinking that it's all down to that silver bezel on the photo. 'Offsets' it nicely...or something..(?) I dunno, and please excuse me if I'm being dumb and your TV is the same, but i think that makes a difference. I'm still not sold though...but yet part of me does like the idea too.

I'd still play it safe, but I sympathise...there's definitely something inherently cool about it...

My TV doesn’t have a silver bezel it’s all black, although my fire place is black and white lol!! I think I will play it safe. Thank you for your opinion.

Late night trip to Ikea and very late night building but finally done. Glad I went for the all black

0D5A3E6B-53E1-4768-B0F4-9F73B63EB912.jpeg
B6247D53-EAA3-4DD9-8495-2AFF94574FBD.jpeg
5E56F16B-586D-4F08-8AE7-F40B6644CC44.jpeg

Please ignore the decor, it's on the long list of renovations I'm working my way through.
When it gets done I'll be looking for a good media unit also.

IMG_1003.jpg

Picked up a 65” LG C8 for my tiny flat in Hong Kong. No regrets :D

Attachments

• 8A25763D-8EF2-423E-9EF3-E23D29565140.jpeg
    8A25763D-8EF2-423E-9EF3-E23D29565140.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 993
8E8157E2-9D54-49F3-A4B5-243997B982A8.jpeg
E7 raised above my sound bar with sky hd box and xbox one x and PS4 Pro behind one of the doors.It all fits nicely in the corner.In three years I’ll move tv unit in front of my window with black out curtains so I can fit a 65 inch in my room but happy at moment with a 55

Picked up a 65” LG C8 for my tiny flat in Hong Kong. No regrets :D
Where did you purchase from? The costs on price.HK are super high still. Did you import?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom