Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by connect, Sep 24, 2003.

1. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I need some advice on setting up my equipment. I have this...

TV (2 scarts, 1 front s-video)

Sky (2 scarts)

DVD player (1 scart, 1 s-video)

DVD Recorder (2 Scarts, 1 s-video)

I have to connect the DVD recorder and DVD player Scart to Scart so I can copy from DVD-RAM to DVD-R (the player is RAM compatiable). Does anyone know how all this can be connected? I don't really want to have to use the front S-Video on the TV.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,585
    Well for your basic recording the obvious set-up is:

Sky+ TV OUT > DVD RECORDER AV2 and then AV1 > TV SCART IN
    (this will allow you to make recordings in RGB - the best connection type possible).

To enable you to play DVD-RAMs on your DVD player and record on DVD-R on your DVD Recorder you would also want to output in RGB from the DVD player to AV2 input on the DVD Recorder. Here I would suggest an ad hoc arrangement - hook it up when you have stuff to copy (and unplug Sky until your done). If this is unacceptable you may want to look at getting a Scart switcher - take a look at a store like www.keene.co.uk - they sold a few good quality ones last time I looked. The switcher is also a good idea if you want to play DVDs on your DVD player (as opposed to your recorder) and your TV only has one RGB capable socket.