1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please please help me, i'm desperate...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sad1f, Dec 5, 2004.

1. sad1f

sad1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have got a DSPAX750 Yamaha Amp connected to a Panasonic PWD6 via BNC to RCA Component cable into the "Monitor Out"

i can get the Amps menu and stuff to come up but Sky or Xbox does not work!

:'(

Sky is connected via SCART to S-Video connection, Xbox is also S-Video, but neither work...

if just one didn't work i'd think the wires were wrong, also is the menu didn't come up i'd think, the component cable was faulty....

can anyone suggest something, spent weeks doing my room up and this is a big let down...

many thanks

SADif.

2. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got 'Video Conversion' switched on? - page 63 in the manual. Sounds like you need to do this and then it should work.

Ian

3. sad1f

sad1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is what the Richer Sounds guy said just now... and i have... when i read that in the manual, i got so happy thinking that was the reason, but it was already set to "ON"

FOUND OUT Sky doesn't support SCART to S-Video

but the xbox still doesn't work

:(

4. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky boxes don't ususally have an s-video option. I bought a Grundig GDS3000 off ebay for £35 as the Grundig models from the 210/2 upwards provide a native Svideo socket - which I think is unique in standard Sky boxes.

I don't have an X-Box, so can't help with that one. Do you have anything with svid that you can connect to check the amp is working?

5. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I used to have this amp and my xbox it was connected to the S-Video of the TV input and it worked with no problems. Check that video conversion is on and also check if you can see the yamaha menu on screen.

6. sad1f

sad1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    should have mentioned, it was a sky + box which does have a s-video connecter at the back...

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can you test the sources connected directly to the screen to check that they actually output a S-Video signal?

Or take a TV with S-Video input and hook it up to the S-Video monitor out of the Yamaha for testing the connection through the amp.

Of course it's possible that there is some setting that you overlooked or that the amp is perhaps faulty.