Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please please Help me decide Samsung/Hisense

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by ajitdattani, May 2, 2018.

1. ajitdattani

ajitdattani
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been following this forum for quite a while now but still need help still to decide on which TV to buy.
    I will be using the TV mainly for normal SKY with 4K and some HDR as i do have Netflix, and my sons Playstation 4.
    The distance is 18 feet mostly watching from a straight line or max 30 degrees angle.
    Hisense H65n6800 for £720 with 5 Years warranty from Costco or the Samsung UE65MU7000 from John Lewis for £1099.( managed to get John Lewis to price match)
    Does the Samsung warrant the extra £379? Is there going to be a noticeable difference from that far between the two?
    Is 65 inch OK to get or should I be looking for a 75 inch due to the distance (£1499 for Hisense H75n6800) to enjoy the 4K and some HDR.(can not justify the price difference between 65" £720 and £1499 for 75 Hisense)

Please help me decide!!!

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,520
    I would look at getting the largest TV you can at that kind of distance so I would go for the 75" Hisense or Samsung MU7000.

The difference between them (at 65"+75") is probably quite small to most people. I only recommend people go for a TV at more expense like the MU7000 over the N6800 if they plan on utilising motion enhancements.

If they don't may as well save the cash.

I personally wouldn't waste any money on UHD sources at that distance, even on a 75" TV thats far too far away.

HDR- I wouldn't even think about it at this price range. You need a much higher end TV for HDR to look decent, let alone good.

3. ajitdattani

ajitdattani
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dodgexander for your sound advise.

Coming from the Plasma era and looking for a change the maximum I had budgeted to spend was £1200.
    Would it be too much of a bargain to look for 75 inch in that price.;)

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,520
    I think it depends what you want from a TV. Restricting yourself to budget models at 75" will mean you gain immersion and detail through a larger screen but generally going from a Plasma to an LCD, especially a lower end one may be a bit of shock in terms of motion judder and blur.

Certainly if you have no plans to use motion enhancements there is little need spending more (or the same on a smaller TV) but if motion is a concern then you may want too.

Motion is very subjective though, there are people who have owned Plasma TVs and just can't move to an LCD at all and there are people who are happy with even the cheapest LCD. There are also people who aren't happy with even a high end OLED or LCD coming from a Plasma.

Best thing would be to demo some content on different TVs before you buy them, ideally content you will use yourself. Because short of buying one and seeing it in the flesh that is the only way you know you are going to be happy with motion or not.

Getting a demo is hard nowadays but the independant/bespoke retailers tend to deal with this a lot better than the big names. If you are limited to shop floor browsing be sure to only judge TVs based on motion with your own material and not with the shops demo reels. Also don't judge a TV for picture quality outside of things like motion and detail in a shop because they really do not have the TVs set up in a way to accurately do that in shop.