1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please offer advice on this as a MCE based system

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by newstuart, Apr 23, 2005.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I have just bought as a project the below spec pc and was hoping for any advice on if i have everything i need for a god MCE based machine ? It will really only be used for mce and storing DVDs on 2 150gb hardrives i intend to buy soon. It will output via VGA to a plasma screen and optical out to a amp/decoder.
    Reliability of the machine being used as my main source of TV and DVDs is my main concern so If you can see where any of the kit may cause issues i would much appreciate your advice.

The case is an Antec Aria . The mother board is a Gigabyte GA-81G1000MK
    which is fitted with a 2.8Ghz P4 800FSB HT chip with a Coolermster HSF and a single stick of 512Mb of Ram.
    It comes with an ATI 9600SE 8x AGP Graphics card.Maxtor 40Gb Quickview AV hard drive and a LG GSA-4120B DVD Writer Soundblaster Live card which gives DD & DTS surround.
    I have also just bought a The Nvidia NVTV tv card to fit in it.

2. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks ok to me. As you identified you'll need a bigger hard disk. Make sure you get the drivers from ATI not the card manufacturer for full MCE compitability. Can't remember the Soundblaster Live! but if you want to output to a 5.1 AMP/Receiver you'll want S/PDF.