Please no more Emeli Sandé :(

F1Fan72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please say that I'm not the only person who's sick and tired of listening / seeing Emeli Sandé over every media known to man !!!

Sure she's done well but please !!! Broadcasters of the UK !!! Stop it !!! Rant over :)

Last edited:
Never heard of her :blush:

Her name's actually Emeli Sandé, BTW. :smashin:

Then you don't listen to Radio 2 :)

True - I've listened to 4 hours of it this week however from driving someone elses car to work on site - there was some mad sounding Swedish girl who they said had an Ethiopian dad, is that her?

But yes, I can whole-heartedly support this campaign!

The girl's got a great singing voice, sure, but her songs are dreary beyond belief.

richardb70 said:
But yes, I can whole-heartedly support this campaign!

The girl's got a great singing voice, sure, but her songs are dreary beyond belief.

Agreed. She a good artist but all of her songs sound the same !! and for what ever reason, the UK media can't get enough of her. I've actually seem her perform live at the O2, she was supporting Coldplay (who the wife & I went to see) back in 2011. Wasn't my cup of tea then and clearly not now ;)

Mind you, I'd take any of her stuff any day over Train and that horrendous "Drive By".

+1 for never heard of

I don't listen to music radio but I have noticed this one on TV a lot. I keep getting told off for asking "is that that Emily Sunday again".

Never heard of her,so just watched a few vids.Crap :laugh:

I know a Smeli Andi and he can't sing either. But I've never seen him sober, so that might not be the case.

I still don't know who this is but just saw this on twitter and had a little chuckle.

ForumRunner_20130228_213911.png

She's absolutely amazing going to see her at the end of March and can't wait :)

Radio fatigue is a curse for the biggest commercial success stories but will say the Live at the Royal Albert Hall CD is very good and offers something different to the familiar studio recordings. The guest stars spoil it however as they are not nearly as vocally competent

She is brilliant!

For all you people that haven't heard of her, here you go:

But I guess haters gonna hate. (Can't believe I actually said that mwahaha)

Last edited by a moderator:
She sang at the Olympics. It's a large sporting event held every 4 years.

Oh right - I think I remember that - weren't one or two other people involved as well?

Radio fatigue is a curse for the biggest commercial success stories but will say the Live at the Royal Albert Hall CD is very good and offers something different to the familiar studio recordings. The guest stars spoil it however as they are not nearly as vocally competent

Vocally competent or not I was at the show and when Professor Green came on the place erupted!
Few people were on their feet before then but suddenly everyone was up.

I've the DVD and they've removed all sense of it, I guess they didn't want to give the impression she was upstaged! Upstaged is probably too strong a word for the reality though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom